timbarrett

How many steps back?

I have a shiny new USPA A licence and my new rig is clearing UK customs...the problem I am concerned about is that I got my licence in June (1 hour of tunnel time and 10 days to complete - thanks Rob Laidlaw) but since then because of a combination of moving countries, business travel and the typical 1500' ceiling in the UK, I haven't been able to jump. Theoretically I am good to go anywhere in the world...
but realistically where do I really stand from the point of safety and experience?
This forum and the student system seems to have something of a gap here and I would like some advice on how to proceed in a manner to ensure that I continue to learn effectively and safely. Should I just hook up again with an instructor and take a few steps back and is there any recognized process for progressing from here and/or getting the rust out of my jumping? You are talking about someone who has packed just one parachute (I was made to jump it to get my licence) and knows exactly one dropzone (I miss Deland!)....
Where now and how many steps back?
"Work hard, play hard and don't whinge"

Where do you jump? If you are based in the UK just go and talk to your club chief instructor and see what he or she suggests. All you'll probably need is one jump with an instructor before you start jumping regularly. British weather can be bad but it doesn't stop my DZ (Langar) being open all year round. You often get less cloud in winter than during our so called summer so don't worry too much about low cloud ceilings.