flyinghonu

Elsinore Peeps: Tell Me about ExCel Camp

I'm a fairly new jumper, with low jump numbers and very little coaching. I want to work on my basic RW and canopy skills. Would this be a good camp for working on such skills?

I went to Elsinore's web-site but it doesn't show any upcoming events for the ExCel camp past Oct. Is there any camp planned for Nov.?

How do I get signed up?

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

I tried the Excel camp a month or two ago. It was alot of fun and I learned some new stuff that I didn't know before. I am really looking forward to going again for the next one. Melanie and Steve are very cool, and I felt it was a very pleasant experience.

Plus the fact that it's free makes it a no-brainer. I had about 35 jumps when I went. I learned about "optimal" body position, and have been practicing it since. I can't wait to see what the next camps hold :)

I absolutely encourage you to take advantage of it. It's free, professional coaching, and a crapload of fun.

B|

Mel's Excel Camps are awesome. . .If you don't know Melanie Curtis, she is on the gold medal winning Elsinore Adrenaline 4-way advanced team. She gives great instruction and its an absolute blast. There will be new dates posted soon now that Chick's Rock and nationals are over. It is usually held 2 times a month on a Saturday or Sunday. . .

I highly recommend this camp. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

I have not done the 2-way camps, but I've done the ExCel tunnel sessions with both Mel and Lou. I have learned so much from them, AND they are sooo much fun!!! Mel is especially smiley...:ph34r:

I have also flown with Mel on a day of all speed star jumps. It was a group of newbie jumpers first attempts (lmao remembering), but it was one of the most fun jump days that I've ever had! I HIGHLY recommend that you take the camp.

The Camps are great and so is Mel. Even as a visitor from out of state who occasionally jumps in Elisnore I was welcomed and made part of the family. The people are great and so is the information. If you can get to the sessions, go.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Do they usually go on in the "winter," or mostly the other season in LA? I've still got a jump ticket on account there, and need only flimsy excuses to drive south.

They will go on all winter. We skydive all winter long here. I just spoke with Mel yesterday and she is working on some formatting changes and getting the dates lined up. As soon as I know anything or she knows anything it will be posted in Events.

Should be awesome. . .
FGF #6
Darcy