Nimitz88

distance from your local DZ?

I drive:
1:45 to get to SD Atlanta.
1:15 to get to SD Statesboro.
2:15 to bet to Monroe.
5:00 to get to Raeford.
7:30 to get to CSS.
2:00 to get to Hartsfield Airport to fly wherever I want. Watch out Eloy.:)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

your pic my be a copywrite violation

Do you mean his avatar, cause I sure didn't see a picture attachment with his post
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

...two world class DZ's significantly closer, but I gladly drive 132 mi each way to jump at Skydive San Diego. Takes approx. 2 hrs. I started there on the advice of friends, and since I don't get to jump a lot, I like doing so at "home".

Russ

Generally, it is your choice; will your life serve as an example... or a warning?

I sort of bumped into this thread after a long absence from this forum, but to answer the original question:

Although I have a DZ within a few miles from my house I have never jumped there because I'm still on rental gear but the gear they have there is ripcord-operated while I've never pulled any ripcord in my life ever - I've jumped with throwout from AFF jump 1 (no, I've never had a reserve although I got close once).

Skydive Texel (I'm from Holland...) is pretty much the only DZ I jump at and it's approximately a 3-hour's journey, including the boat ride (Texel is an island). But I think the view, atmosphere and facilities are well worth the trip every time I go there.
And five hundred entirely naked women dropped out of the sky on parachutes.
-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy