BlueSkyJR

Jump Numbers

The other thing to remember is that you can learn a lot from the crappy skydives as well. I learn on every jump I go on.

This is one big thing that Oren taught me. Even if the skydive goes to shit you are still learning.And I know for me personally I have a blast wether we turn 20 points or I chase the low guy after the whole thing funnels.One more thing, when it does go to shit pointing the finger at someone else or bitching about someone ruining your skydive will not get you a quick invitation for another jump with that organiser. Let the organiser do the bitching. After all thats what he gets a whole dollar for:P
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I worked really, really hard to get my skills up to a level where I can ( within reason) pick my skydives.

Wow coke spit on a monitor makes neat designs.;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

[You are correct...to a point.

At the end of the day, even if you have 3 airspeed tunnel camps, SDU and a canopy control course, if you only have 100 jumps you *might* jump like someone with 300 jumps or 400 jumps. Eitherway its not many jumps and you don't have enough jumps to truely have the experience that will effect your judgement in a good way.

Great post Dave...and even better advice.
Listen to this guy.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I have 152
I started 13 years ago, quit and came back.
It's like just getting off of student stat all over again.
I judge myself in the "newbie" catagory for expereince and that way I'm NOT going to get into anything over my head and continue to get the coaching I need.
I will require coaching, help, and education for the rest of my life and I realize that.
Canopy classes are for all levels and should be seriously considered....there will ALWAYS be room to improve for the rest of your life.