tdog

Freefly vs Belly/RW

To call yourself an awesome or even good freeflier you should be able to belly fly too. If you can't you are not free to do as you wish you are limited, restricted even, by constraints that you alone impose upon yourself.

Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong... :D

You mean like Rook, who won gold in freefly, and two silvers in RW at the last Nationals?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You mean like Rook, who won gold in freefly, and two silvers in RW at the last Nationals?

Nice example - he's considered an "awesome or even good" freeflyer

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

To call yourself an awesome or even good freeflier you should be able to belly fly too. If you can't you are not free to do as you wish you are limited, restricted even, by constraints that you alone impose upon yourself.

Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong... :D

You could be.....but you're not. :)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Anytime you have 2 or more people in freefall together it is RW. All the rest is just bull sh*t. Everyone who flies a plane is a pilot, but all pilots don't fly the same airplane.

The truth is we are all fucking nuts and jump out of airplanes and that makes us SKYDIVERS.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Agreed but in free flying you're not focusing on making 20 points on your belly. The focus is different.

Same thing with freestyle - different focus than both FS and FF.

I'm a freeflier but I'll do a belly jump if my FS buddies want to. I'm not as good at it as they are but I can do it. It's something we both can enjoy.

Most of them are sub 1000 jump jumpers though who're FS bums so when I've taken them freeflying the result has been hilarious - arms everywhere, running man going on. Much sitting-on-the-ass.

I hear a lot about how FF should be able to be decent at FS to be 'real' FFers but nothing the other way around. I believe some of the FF moves could be pretty useful to a FSer. I know for sure of one AFF instructor who was happy he'd done some freeflying. He was jumping with this really big AFF student and the only way he could keep up was in a head down ;)

Agreed but in free flying you're not focusing on making 20 points on your belly. The focus is different.

I hear a lot about how FF should be able to be decent at FS to be 'real' FFers but nothing the other way around. I believe some of the FF moves could be pretty useful to a FSer. I know for sure of one AFF instructor who was happy he'd done some freeflying. He was jumping with this really big AFF student and the only way he could keep up was in a head down

;)

One of the teams at my DZ does a quite a few moves on their bellies. Compressed accordians in particular and one they call the Tidy Bowl. :)
As for having to go head down with an AFF, I am pretty sure that not one AFF instructor at my DZ has had to go headdown with a student. If you are good on your belly and wearing the proper suit, you can keep up with anyone. I think belly is part of freeflying, but the opposite is not true.

Luckily, it is all skydiving. ;)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.