dyskiver

Skydiving and sinus pressure!

I made my first aff a few weeks ago and am at level6. My dilemma is sinus pressure:( After landing and popping my ears to release pressure I still have pressure in my ears! I have'nt jumped in a few weeks but will be this weekend to finish up aff and hopefully some solos! Has anyone else had this problem? It won't stop me from jumping but it is a nuisance. I've tried Claritin-d and regular claritin for seasonal allergies and sudafed for the pressure but its still there! What have you tried? I don't like taking sinus medication because most of them make me really floaty feeling, and like my skin crawls! Any help would be appreciated!:)
Blue skies to all... Tony Sharoian

Think about my last words...They might be what I just said!!!

i have also had problems with my siuses, ears,,there are times when it has been days that i have trouble with them clearing..have even felt pain in my ears in freefall on the 2nd jump..I have also asked others about this got comments like jump more u will get used to it,,to use a nasel spray pror to going up.. It is a very annoying, frustrating thing to have sinius/ear trouble and am glad that u brought it up..thought that maybe i was the only one to have this trouble as well

lucky

i have also had problems with my siuses, ears,,there are times when it has been days that i have trouble with them clearing..have even felt pain in my ears in freefall

on the 2nd jump..I have also asked others about this got comments like jump more u will get used to it,,to use a nasel spray pror to going up.. It is a very annoying, frustrating thing to have sinius/ear trouble and am glad that u brought it up..thought that maybe i was the only one to have this trouble as well

I have never had any pain in the ears during freefall or once on the ground, nor do I have any trouble equalizing pressure in the ears. I have what feels like a slight clog in the left ear which seems to last for days after jumping. I'm beginning to wonder if the method of pinching the nose and blowing to release pressure may cause this to happen. Are there any other methods to equalize the pressure?
Blue skies to all... Tony Sharoian

Think about my last words...They might be what I just said!!!