McDirt

2 Questions/1. Italian DZ near Vincenza, Italy 2. Army Freefall team in Italy/europe?

The 173rd (when it was SETAF and called the 3rd of the 325th) had its own Demo Team.

I think it was closed down by the CG a few years back do to the GWOT.

But the DZ locator in the USPA's Parachutist Magazine does list European DZ's.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

True.

I was going off the "I'm in the Military ..." comment.

If it is the Army and part of MWR or a MWR sponsored event it has to be by USPA BSR's (at least until they replace/rewrite AR95- something or other)[:/].

Plus any command sponsored freefall demonstration team has to follow AR 360-1, which goes back to USPA BSR's again.

It is the Army's way of avoiding having to write a whole new regulation or bunch of regulations for Skydiving and Demonstrations.

On one hand it makes sence on the other it can be limiting (an yes there are exceptions to all these rules).
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Ok .. thanks for clarifying that for me.. about the AR's and such. But I am having trouble looking for Italian DZ's close in proximity to Vincenza. I'm not very familiar with the country so someone with hands on experience would be a great service. Thanks you guys for helping me!!!!

Ya know, it really bugs me that the military has all these fancy aircraft, but only lets people jump from them under really sucky conditions. Those pilots need training time, and we need jumps, match made in heaven :)
Lucky you're in Vicenza, there are 3 great DZ's nearby. I'm currently stationed in Naples and the closest DZ is skydive salerno, but

..my favorite DZ is Skydive Tortuga in Arezzo www.skydivetortuga.com, - it's only a 3 hour drive for you(easy to get to by train as well)... They are open and send loads up all week, with busy weekends. Also, really good odds of finding english speakers there. Friendly DZ, lots of funjumpers, great aircraft (porter/grand caravan)

Also, Checkout BFU (Reggio Emilia) www.bfu.it only 2 hours away-- call to see if they are open during the week though, they aren't as busy as Arezzo during the week, but weekends are awesome. Not so easy to find english speakers, but broken italian is fine. Again, friendly DZ, good aircraft (porter, Twin Otter), great DZO, really good food.

Finally checkout ravenna (www.pullout.it), again, only two hours from you. I've never been there, but my italian skydiving friends tell me it's nice.

Finally, be sure to feel sorry for me, I have to leave wonderful Italy for stupid Osan Korea, and will be without a good local DZ for a year >:(. Sorry, but no amount of juicy girls and Soju will take away the sting of being unable to jump on great wx weekends [:/]Maybe I can convince MWR to startup a skydiving club[:/]

-kjarv