KNewman

Cleared for Self Supervision

Hello to all

I had the most incredible saturday. I was all worried after last weekend (unstable exit out of otter) that I was going to spend a few jumps figuring the exit out and not get to do my back and front loops. Anyway, got to 12,100 and dove out, this time it was way cool, stable on the hill, started my back loops and front loops (real easy, nailed every one of them). Next dive was the practice tracking dive, did 4, 5 second tracks with a 180 degree turn in between each one. How cool is this, zipping around the sky. Did a back loop and one final track. (did I mention, another good exit out of the otter?) Stuck the landing (another thing I have been having problems with) When I got back to the packing area (beaming from ear to ear) my instructor told me that the two dives I just did were outstanding and that I had better get packed because he was clearing me for my solo dive!!!!! I packed as fast as I could and made the next manifest and the load organizer let me jump first on the second pass!!!! Did back loops all the way down for fun!!!!!!!:P:P:P. Was able to get packed in time for the last load of the day, went up to 12,400, did my (now good) exit, and just enjoyed the view, watching the sun start to set, the other divers all around and then sadly had to open and land. Stuck my landing 5 foot from the pea pit (solving yet another problem I was having). I am so sorry to ramble on so long, but yesterday was the most incredible day of jumping I have ever had!!!!!

Blue Skies to everyone!!!!
Kevin

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

but yesterday was the most incredible day of jumping I have ever had!!!!!

This is your FINAL WARNING that your bank account is about ready to disappear...

Congrats... Skydiving gets more fun when you don't "have to perform" but can just goof off, or if you are competing, you are working on your personal best, not showing your skills to an instructor... So, if you are having fun now, just wait until.....

Congrats!! i had a great weekend too, i have also been cleared to do my consolidation jumps for my AFF, its soo more relaxing knowing its not just about passing a level now!!!
LittleDJ!!- There is no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft!!!

Gotta agree with Orange1...

Two schools of thought for first solo:
1. Always work on learning and/or improving
2. Take time to smell the roses and relax.

I chose #2...
Exit
Float
Locate DZ
Altitude check
"Hey I can see Stone Mountain and what's that over there?"
Altitude check
"Hey, what's behind me? Look at that sewage pond! Don't land there!"
Altitude check
"How about a back flip - Whoooooa!"
Altitude check
"Check out those clouds!"
Float
Altitude check - track time
Track 90 off jump run.
Altitude check
Deploy

Loved it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239