addicted

Helmets safety/price ?

along the same lines how hard is it to put an audible in a protec? The ones I've used through out my student training didn't appear to have a place for one.

Protecs are very, very audible-friendly. The padding has ear holes that are big enough to house just about any audible out there. All you need to do is get some zip ties or cord and lash the audible to the vent bars that are on the part of the outer shell that covers the earholes. If you jump a Pro-track or the like, rubber bands work better as they make it easier to remove on a regular basis.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

along the same lines how hard is it to put an audible in a protec? The ones I've used through out my student training didn't appear to have a place for one.

There isn't a place for one; the jumper would have to add it. I've seen some velcro-and-webbing extra-helmet audible holders. I can't seem to buy one, though, so I have to look into making one.
;)

Actually it is really easy since the pro-track comes with the holder when you buy it (I expect that the pro-dytter does too) and you can mount that on the outside of the protec over the ear hole by carving a couple of little holes in the plastic to get the cable ties through. It took me about 10 minutes to put the whole thing together and I was not in a hurry!

Don't forget to put the little bungees round the holder before you attach it to the helmet though as you can't put them on afterwards and they are really helpful for stopping your investment from falling off!:P

Some people have them mounted inside the earpiece but that is another story and requires cutting of the foam.

If you get a second hand one without a holder, talk to your gear store as I bet they could get you one...

Blue Skies!

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Some people have them mounted inside the earpiece but that is another story and requires cutting of the foam.

Maybe on older models, but when I bought a Pro-tech in '02, no cutting was required as the padding all ready has a large earhole.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

quick thoughts....... did some jumps saturday with out helmet this weekend and my googles kept coming of during sit fly........ cheap helmet, non dot motorcycle helmets work fine........... just bought a bonehead something or other for about 2 bills.

people see me as a challenge to their balance

........ cheap helmet, non dot motorcycle helmets work fine...........

The heavier weight of motorcycle helmets can lead to severe neck trauma during a har dopening. So think carefully before using one on a skydive.

-Blind

........ cheap helmet, non dot motorcycle helmets work fine...........

The heavier weight of motorcycle helmets can lead to severe neck trauma during a har dopening. So think carefully before using one on a skydive.

"non dot" implies the skull caps that some cruiser owners wear. They're quite light and don't even cover the ears.
Does that make them a snag risk?

They would work fine for the bumping the head on the door routine.