BirdBoi

Skydivingmoives.com.. wheres it gone??

But I still have 4 hours of work to go and there's nothing to do and I've run out of stuff to look at onlineeeeee.

New Policy: SkydivingMovies.com has signed an agreement with the US department of labor to shut down during business hours to increase US worker productivity.

PC World Magazine and The New York Times both mention SkydivingMovies.com as a major workplace time waster for the american people. We're doing our part to fix this major issue and help improve the US economy. Sorry Australia, we can't shut down during your work hours.

Aw crap it's back up. Guess I was just kidding. Damnit... another joke ruined.

Dave

You've earned buku bonus points for hosting skydiving movies on a Mac. I use a PeeCee because clients make me, but have always, and always will, have a tremendous fondness in my heart for any and all Apple products.

Started out on an Apple IIe, I did.

Trivia, for anyone who cares... Back in "the day," Mac would name any machine with a processor of 68030 with an "X." Like, Mac LX, Mac IICX, etc. Except the Mac SE with the 68030 chip in it. They decided to use the last two numbers of the chip processing speed, and just call it an SE30. Fastest machine they made at the time, and could hold up to FOUR MEGABYTES OF RAM!! WOW! :D

Anyhow, anyone know why it was called an SE30, unlike all the other Macs with 68030 processors in it?

I've posted the answer as a text file attachment, if anyone wants to see it.

WHY CAN'T I SLEEP?!?

OK, one more trivia, and I swear, I'm gonna try and sleep...

Give me the original 4 line reboot code when you could get to the programming screen. This is WAY geek-like - I'm talking about the 4 lines, hitting return after each line, after hitting apple (or option, depending on the machine) and reset- not with control - that restarted - I'm talking about getting into the programmers box. I'll start the first line:

ES

That's the first line. What's the rest? Also included in the text file.

BTW, I've discovered that Matt the web host has a filter to block all my emails that say "server is down." I'll need to think of a more creative way of informing him to go hit ctrl-open apple-reset. Hey that was pretty good right there!

Dave

I would just like to add that I'm really rather frightened by how oddly my brain works. I can't remember the person I met tonight, who I spent fifteen minutes talking to at a bar, yet I easily could sit here and spout out all this crap about useless facts that I learned in 1990.

Very scary.

I've posted the answer as a text file attachment, if anyone wants to see it.

Got it, I win.

ES

This one's harder to remember. if we're talking about the "ES" exit to shell command, I think it was...

ES
SMFA
PCFA700A__4
G

That's as close as I can remember.

[edit: oh, it was in there]
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

You've earned buku bonus points for hosting skydiving movies on a Mac.

Not to burst your bubble, but http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://skydivingmovies.com ...

I've tried explaining the sledgehammer ad to people that weren't born when it first aired. They usually
think I'm making it up until I go find it online somewhere.

Started out on an Apple IIe, I did.

I bet I can still kick your ass at Oregon Trail!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

See this post from the guy who hosts it.... it's not a Mac.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1962389#1962389

I was selling the original Apple II computer in 1978, one of the first Apple dealers in Canada.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy