AggieDave

How far have you come since your 1st post?

What a great post!!

Let's see...I started posting in May of this year and had only done my first tandem, but was madly in love with skydiving.

Since that day I went from fired-up and excited to a basket-case full of nerves, and then to a confident and empowered woman! Started out doing AFF, switched to SL (GREAT decision), and graduated last Saturday....YES!!!

In my very limited experience, I've sprained two ankles, landed on target (without a radio) while bleeding profusly from the nose (after hitting the step right out the door) and survived a hook turn (woops!). All of this after one very scary AFF jump.

This sport has transformed me into someone I never imagined I could be. It's amazing to say the least. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

My goals are rather conservative. I just want to have a blast, get my A license and save up for my own gear, while learning as much as I can about this awesome sport of course.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

I think I joined dropzone about 15 jumps into my AFF program. Since then:

Got my A license at the end of April.
- I have made 167 jumps
- Started to learn to sitfly
- Completed the coaching course (I am lazy so I do
not have my B license and still need to assist and
teach the 1st jump course)
- competed in VPC with my 4-way team
- done my first hybrids, tracking dives, birdman
tracking dives, and so many other fun jumps
- Made some of the best friends of my life

My goals for next season (well, now actually) are:

- Become proficient at sitflying
- Get a new rig (new to me, and I am in the process
already - Mirage, spectre 170, raven 181)
- Fly my canopy better
- Improve my RW skills and learn more blocks
- Get my C license
- Get my coach rating
- Have more fun that I did this year (should be tough)

hmmm, I will just update mine -since Dec 8 2004:

- decided to not finish my coach rating
- dedicated myself to freeflying (but still doing the occasional "bigger" way
- got a new wings container and a 170 Spectre
- made it to 399 jumps (232 jumps since then)
- competed again in VPC and won the I-class for 4-way
- got a freefly suit
- reached 20th place on the slot list for my DZ (fifth place if you only count fun jumpers --who actuall yhave to PAY for their jumps out of pocket. :ph34r:)

Next year:

- downsize to 150 sabre 2 and then move laterally to a Stilleto
- become much better at sitflying (fix arm placement and stop that orbit!)
- get to 500 jumps and get my D license so I can stop logging.
- start swooping
- get a camera
- make even more jumps than this year
- get some freefly coaching
- get a birdman suit.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I had 10 jumps when i made my first post earlier this year. Since then I have managed another 44 (I thought about waiting till Monday to answer so that would be higher, but what the heck) during which I: did my first freefall, converted from static line progression to AFF, got my A after what seemed like a long hard slog, learnt to consider a door opening in mid-flight as normal, learnt to hate commercial plane flights because landing with a plane doesn't seem natural, decided RW is where I want to be, and have decided that skydiving is one thing where i follow all the rules religiously :P

And like Kathleen says, "This sport has transformed me into someone I never imagined I could be."

Next year I am making a pilgrimage to DeLand to get in a bunch of coach jumps and tunnel time (no tunnels here). I plan to have 100 jumps by March(partly courtesy DeLand, would be unlikely with our cessna DZ) and get my B soon after I get back (we have a 75 jump min for that here), then get into either a 2-way or 4-way team (or both) and head for Nationals 2007 B|
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

umm....First post wise...I didn't post until around April or so of this year. But first started logging on and looking around after my first 2 or so jumps in Aug of '04.

Since then I have just been doing lots of fun jumping. Did 175 in my first year....well first 13 months. Then got deployed. That kind of threw a monkey wrench in my plans. I wanted to get a coaches rating and looked into getting one at Skydive Dallas. But figured what was the point since I'd be spending a year without jumping out here.

My plans for the first year I am back is to get back into the sport and Jump my ass off....gotta make up for lost time. I'd like to quickly get to 200 and get my C. As soon as I feel confident in my "skills" :S;) again, I'll go for the coaches rating. Buy my first brand spanking new gear. I got an OLD javelin right now, and original sabre 190 and a maverick 201 reserve. Will be happy to have eveything new and custom made! That's the plus side to being deployed....I'll be able to save enough money to buy whatever I want :D.

Five years down the road, who knows. I'd like to be an instructor....but have to have all the fun I can now! Get that out of the way and then I'll see. I'd like to compete in 4 way also, I might get into that when I get back. Just for fun though, I don't think the team I'd get together would be too terribly competitive....we'll have to see though!

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

when that thread first came up i didn't want to ruin it by writing the following answer:

i came to realize ? unfortunately ? that skydiving has to offer as many posers, dickheads, wannabees, loudmouthed knowitalls etc. like any other sport. the worst are the ones who are nice when they are newbies and don't care to greet you anymore once the learned how to fly a somewhat decent sit and got two more jumps than you :S:S

furthermore: there are instructors out there who have no idea as of WHY they are teaching :|

besides from that: got my coach rating, accumulated a bit more than 500 jumps & will start training for TI next year
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666