HydroGuy

70 year old Dad does 1st skydive yesterday

I bought my Dad a tandem skydive and video for his 70th b-day last March. He tried to go last weekend, but the winds shut down the DZ in the afternoon.

But yesterday was beautiful...no wind and signifigantly warmer at altitude.

Pops said that scooting into the door was pretty scary and a total rush, but that once they were out and his arms were spread he LOVED it. He had a huge smile on his face for the entire freefall. And he totally dug the view under canopy. I only wish I had more skills and could have been on the actual jump with him...but maybe by his 75th.

I want to thank Jim Wallace...he may be the small fish @ the Perris DZ operations wise, but he is truely a class act.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Thats cool, i have arranged a tandem for my friends dad he's 69 and has always wanted to do a skydive .

so you could not jump with ya dad ? i quess you mean jump at the same time so you could pull faces at him :P:P .

do you know what qualifications do you need to be able to jump with a tandem couple ??

YeHaaaaaaaaaaa

I bought my Dad a tandem skydive and video for his 70th b-day last March. He tried to go last weekend, but the winds shut down the DZ in the afternoon.

But yesterday was beautiful...no wind and signifigantly warmer at altitude.

Congrats, I took my Dad on his AFF L-1 when he was 64. He did great! It was an unbelievable experience for me. There was actually a pic in Parachutist. Seems like it was in Jan. '99. Ain't it great to take a family member, especially a Parent skydiving!;)