Rdutch

PIA review

>Found this technical article with diagrams and pictures on the Aerodyne website

Interesting that the second ring is now larger (in one axis) than the opening in the harness ring.

I noticed that also, I wonder if you could manipulate the ring to snag, or lock up?

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Hi Chuck,

I concur with Ray's view. Another main that really excited me, though, was the ParaTec offering which had the wildest baffle system I had ever seen. They don't call them "airlocks" and gave a first rate demonstration why. The front of the parachute looks like a very-forward-canted jet intake with the inlet well under the "nose". The nose of the main was very pointed and stayed highly pressurized. They had a prototype 85 that I really would have liked to jump.

Chuck

2 weeks ago i was in saarluis düren (germany)
the new canopy will be called R.A.G.E. (Ram Air Guided Engine) and has his roll out a few days earlier
and yes this RAGE is a hell of a canopy.
the size is 107 sqf
i will get some videos soon, so stay tuned.
blues
Frank
provehito in altum

Several years ago, one manufacturer actually used a "base" pack job in order to be able to claim his container was better than the rest. The video clearly shows that, after a mediocre line stretch time of just over 1 1/2 seconds, the reserve canopy explodes open in under 1/2 second. A pack job like that would literally kill you if deployed at terminal. Don't believe claims like that. All conventional reserve container systems take about 1 1/2 seconds to get your reserve to line stretch when deployed right after a low speed breakaway. It doesn't matter whether the pilot chute is internal or external.

Is this the video?: http://www.jumpshack.com/portal/content.asp?contentid=738

Similar ones are in the Racer commercials on the "Break-Away" tape (where the reserve opening is shown in "real-time" and full sequence. It looks HARD).