Nimitz88

my first jump

even though you guys told me not to jump (had a cold and stuffed up nose) I went anyway after taking some medicine and feeling 100x better.

wow am I hooked...the guys at Z-hills were great, the best thing I've ever done...defintely jumping again.

oh think my dad is hooked as well....

Chad

MWLWN LABE!
- "Come Get Them"

Chad,

Congrats. My first jump (SL) will be next month. Also, I'm glad to hear your stuffy nose was not an issue. My guess is, everyone reacts differently to the changes in atmospheric pressure experienced while skydiving. We probably never hear about the folks who had no issues - just the ones with bloddy noses and busted ear drums.

Cheers!

Scott

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

the problem lies in your sinuses and inner ear. if you can't equalize the pressure in your inner ear or sinuses you shouldent jump. You are risking a ruptured sinus or ear drum. also if you are going to get into the sport you should read the FAA's book on medication and effects of altitude on them. You might be surprised to find out what is restricted. If your instructor don't have a copy of this the pilot will.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

Good point. For me, even when a bit stuffy I can still equalize with no problem. Also a good idea to read the FAA med books. Sudafed does make me drowsy, so that is out for sure.....

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

"my first jump"

thats a case of beer :P
be careful when saying anything "FIRST"
it will cost u a case of beer to who ever calls you on it.

You got that right. I've learned that lesson. :D

Oh and don't tell them when you hit 100 or 1000 jumps I found out either. And if they find out they missed you at one milestone, they will pie you at the next one with interest. I'm a long ways from those milestones though. :D:o:ph34r: