bennypr2002

Massive head ake and ear presuure, help please!

i had a similar problem with my second jump (last sunday) and was reminded of problems i used to have scuba diving (when scuba diving, if i had had a cold of any sort up to one or two weeks before my dive it would put me into insufferable pain, to the point that i wouldn't be able to complete the dive).
sudafed was always recommended for these problems.

here's another problem i had on sunday: intense back pain. i think maybe... my instructor strapped me in too tight (and i wasn't able to arch properly) or... maybe it was just a jerky opening. ?? either way, it was serious enough that i wasn't able to breathe properly until the next day (as if I had the wind knocked out of me) and even now i have discomfort. i can't imagine that this is normal. is everybody out there just jumping through the pain or is there a way to avoid this sort of thing?

I swear by Sudafed. On the days I jump I start taking Sudafed as soon as I get up and take it every 4 hours throughout the day.

Might wanna look into 24hour Sudafed. It's a bit more expensive, but well worth it. Then you dont have to worry about taking it every 4 hours. One pill in the morning and you're good all day.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

My first tandem, my ears hurt for hours afterwards and I felt nauseous the whole canopy flight down. Don't worry, it goes away very quickly. You'll only feel nauseous with the tandems, it's how they do the leg straps I'm told. They cut off the circulation in your legs and make you feel sick. My TI told me "this harness is made for safety, not comfort". Regular harnesses don't do that.

Do continue the sport and do AFF! It took me 6 months between my first and second tandem to decide if i wanted to continue because I didn't have that much fun on my first tandem. My second tandem was much better, and AFF is 50 times more fun than tandems.B|