Zipp0

My crazy legs is drivin' me Krazy!

Ok....

I'm on my third IAD, and things are going great except for one thing - kicking legs. My instructor said that as soon as I executed my PRC my legs stopped moving. And that my PRC was done well.

Anyone else go through this? The thing is, it's not panic, as I feel pretty calm the whole time. Any suggestions on training myself on the ground to become more aware of my legs when I'm out the door?

I feel like once I get this corrected, I will be on my way. (to where, who knows?)

thanks,

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Pull your legs back from the hip (think of what position your legs are in if you're standing and stretching backwards), point your toes and lock your legs in that position. It will help keep you from kicking.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I kicked and ran and swam till I had 11 jumps. Don't know why............ guess it just seemed like the thing to do at the time.

If you hang in there long enough it'll get better.

It also seems to help if you arch from the hips a bit more instead of the stomach and chest. To do that you can't have your legs too far apart.
Might want to run that by your instructor.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

I kicked and ran and swam till I had 11 jumps. Don't know why............ guess it just seemed like the thing to do at the time.

Well, at least I'm not alone.....[:/]

I did manage to stop the arms on the second jump, so I do feel good about that.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I found this fo about my first 10 free falls.

What worked for me was doing a Dorothy from the wizard of OZ....... ie tap your feet together once as this concentrates your mind on where your legs and feet are and sorts the position out.

Honest it worked (and still works) for me :D

Anyone else go through this?

Yes, a lot on my early freefalls on S/L progression. I had no awareness I was doing it; my JMs simply told me about it after the jumps. I have no idea what made me do it, and I have no idea what eventually made me stop - it simply worked its way out as I jumped more often and got more comfortable in the air.

Toe taps, yes...first time I did one I flapped my feet together real hard and missed which crossed my legs and flipped me over on my back in a split second...pretty funny seeing green one second and blue the next...deer-in-the-headlights WTF?
:D:D:D

Definitely made me aware of just where my legs had been flying and had no problems after that.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239