bloody_trauma

golden knights

;)I'm new to the forums and skydiving in general and was looking for some guidance... I just recently made my first jump in germany and it was amazing, fell through a cloud and got pelted by snow... any ways, needless to say like so many of you i'm hooked, and plan on furthering my skills as a skydiver, I've been doing some research on my own, but still have some questions, I'm deployed right now to OIF for the second time and have an excellent service record, and i want to join the golden knights in a bad way, but still quite a ways of, as a minimum i need to have 150 jumps in my log book, when i leave my current unit in 07 i plan on having my tandem/AFF jumps done and then im going to practical nurse school for a year, 2 months in san antonio and 8 months in georgia, when i get back tot the states i plan on furthing my skydiving experience and getting my A liscensure, and after that i'm a little bit at a loss as to how to get to such a high number of jumps, i'm not looking to try to get them all in at once but am trying to figure out how it is you go about getting up to those numbers, without going bankrupt and with out messing up your professional areas(school, work, etc...), on that i'm going to be buying a rig and was wondering what a good learning set would be, any input on that would be great, one other thing for those with liscences... prolly silly to ask, but how are military jumps recorded? do they go into your log book and register with the USPA somehow? I'm a totally enamored with skydiving i'm wishing i had tried it sooner, any guidance that could be given would be great, sorry for all the questions at once but i'm kinda in a place where skydiving is frowned upon:(

Here is a course i designed a couple of years ago.
It would be perfect for you. You could et it done in a few months, it is dirt cheap, accommodation is free and you have some awesome instructors.
You have one of the best camera woman in the world that will train you close to the end and the national team take you through your coaching.
At the end of it you would have a good chance at getting work on camera considering Wendy Smith is training you but then again you will need to get to the skill level to learn camera. You get back any money you do not use on jumps. It was designed for people that want a career in skydiving and this company owns three very busy dropzones that are always looking for more staff.

have a look, it may be for you, it may not.
This is not the course that gives you a diploma.http://www.nzskydive.co.nz/auckland/packages.html
Take $3500NZD off the price if you have AFF.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

oh no dude i will never get three months off anytime while in the army, i'm looking at stretching it out over a year or so so taht way when i get out of LPN school i can apply to the golden knights, dont get me wrong im not trying to just satisfy the minimum requirements but i'm not going to stop when i reach that number its just a goal
Fly it like you stole it

If you have a meal card, live in the barracks, and are single. You should be able to buzz right through AFF, get your A license and get 150 jumps within a year. Good luck!

OK, I read your profile. You have a wifey, all that might be a minor detail to deal with, but the best way is to get her involved. Which presents another problem...Double the money! LOL!!!;)

Frank