ockers

Music for freestyle video??

I'm normally into Euro trance type stuff for my videos but don't really think it suits freestyle. I'm kind of thinking maybe something classical but don't really know where to start!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

And yes! I have done a search and posted this in photography & video.

Don't know if you have heard of her but music by "Kosheen" is really cool, laid back drum and bass but with a very floaty edge, and her voice and lyrics are great too.

I like the song "Hungry" off her album "Resist" and "Suicide" is another good one off the same album.

I have actually seen a freefly video (amongst the million others I have seen) with one of her songs on and it really worked, very artistic and was very memorable which I guess is what you are aiming for.:)
But like everything musical taste is very personal and what matters is that you, the artist like it.

If you go for classical you can always get the remix versions (sone are incredibly cheesy though) that have been knocking about which have the tune but has the bpm thing going on to keep it up tempo. Samuel Barbers "Adagio in E for strings" could be nice. The contrast of the pace of the beat and the weepy violin music would reflect the movements and style going on.

But then what do I know.:S

Cheers for the advice

Dave, I had thought of maybe a bit of Edith Piaf type stuff, maybe need to have a punt about with good old kaz@@, I mean buy a few CDs!!

BannanaGirl, You could be on the right track there, I will check those out tonight cheers

When you say classical, do you mean the period or the use of symphonies?

I enjoy John Williams, whom you might know for his composing in major films; MI2, Gladiator, Star Wars, Days of Thunder, etc...
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Ockers, my reccomendation would be...

Bomb the Bass - Bug powder Dust (kruder and dorfmeister remix)

Awesome.. your search is over.....

-Oli
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Just listened to it again and well, scrap that idea, it would be crap.

However it is a truly awesome track......

And for those interested I stumbled across This site that is dedicated to trying to figure out the lyrics......
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

While Im fairly new to skydiving, I've been involved with electronic music for 5 years. The thing about music is that it is always subjective. What one group of people would consider acceptable for a certain video may differ with the opinion of another group and so forth. This is my 0.02... If the video is fast paced, alot of manuevres, high adrenaline type stuff... heavy metal, drum n bass or any relative music would work. If the freefly video is more slower, graceful, whatever... alternative rock, breaks (hybrid, crystal method) would do. As far as trance goes, and I mean the quality stuff by Andy Moor rather than the cheesy pop stuff... I would use those on more scenic type dives like those made during a sunset or near the ocean..not necessarily during a freefall.

Come to think of it...if the video is of YOU, base the music selection of the emotions you had when you made the skydive. Best of luck.