swooper109

Milestone Jumps

I just made my 500th skydive this past weekend at Skydive Toronto. We did a 2 plane cessna 182 sunset formation load succesfully completing a 10-way round. After holding this for about 5 seconds I was then attacked in freefall by three of my closest friends! So I was wondering what did you do on your milestone jumps? Oh ya, Thanks Mothergoose for making my jump happen, you really are my wingman!

Well I'm not gonna say that it wasn't hard work, but it was well worth it. Getting you on 16 Cessna loads in two very short days was no small feat, especially since Friday, we only had the one plane!!! GASP! But you managed to get on all 8 loads on Friday by some small miracle. Then, to toot my own horn, I'd like to remind you that I woke up at 6:30am on Saturday to check the block heaters on the planes, and low and behold, the timers didn't kick in so I plugged them in manually. Imagine if the first load hadn't gotten off the ground just after 9am ??? We already cut it so close !!! It was an amazing weekend all around and a wicked way to cap off a great year. I could not have imagined a better weekend in late November !! Wait till you see the year end video . . . its a freaking masterpiece !! BLUE SKIES TO ALL . . . you should all learn something from this young fella . . . if you have skydiving dreams . . . go get 'em !! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE . . . I love this sport.
You think you understand the situation, but what you don't understand, is that the situation just changed.

Oh I wouldn't worry about a beer shortage on that load. There were a few firsts, including my first 10 way . . . Let the :D:D:D:D:D flow !!!!

As for memorable milestone jumps pfloyd, I'm pretty sure there are no hard and fast rules on what makes the cut. As long as it was a milestone for you. We totally thought that Chad wouldn't get his 500th until next year because of crappy weather for the last 2 months !!:S:S But then at the onset of this past weekend, we saw the weather would be favourable and it was our last weekend of the year at S.T.I., so we set the challenge. He needed 16 to make 500 and he actually pulled it off, in style I might add. It was very amazing to watch this guy jump-land-pack 15 times this weekend like clockwork. Not only was the 500th jump 10-way a milestone, but the 36 hour adventure to get there was a milestone in itself.

**Just a sidenote here . . . if you don't think its tough to do 16 jumps in 2 days, you haven't jumped a Cessna 182 dropzone in late November. Trust me, it was an accomplishment.

You think you understand the situation, but what you don't understand, is that the situation just changed.

heres a couple for ya... on my 100th i did a wagon wheel with my buddy who was also doing his 100th. we held it till about 6000 ft then we broke apart and i waved at him and went into a sit and dropped way out... it was awesome.

and just this passed weekend we were jumping in weather that was -25C at altitude but my other buddy wanted to get his 200th of the year so to make his 200th at the end of the day i dropped my gear from second last load and hopped in some other gear. the two of us went to 3000 ft alone and did a 2 way in which he turned a sidebody on me and dumped for me.. it was fun too!! although it was friggin cold.