mdrejhon

Freefalling in January in Canada -- and we didn't freeze. No snow!

This is January in Canada? No snow on the ground over the weekend. Mother Nature forgot it was winter already...

This weekend (Sunday, specifically) at Skydive Gananoque was so much like an October weekend (or a late September weekend). Debbie sent out a call to everyone who might have been interested in jumping, and we managed to get everyone together, the pilots, DZO, etc, for a snowless January skydive on Sunday...

About 12 of us got together and jumped. We got 13 loads up in the air, and 5 of these were full altitude freefalls. (Okay, 10,000 to 10,500 feet but close enough).

No snow on the ground. It was almost +8-10 degrees C (about 50-55F) early in the day, slowly becoming colder later in the day. Wearing three layers inside my jumpsuit during freefall did the trick.

My hands has gotten colder during some October freefalls. They didn't get numb at all at any point in the day, not even while packing in the unheated hangar (with wide open doors)

One of us (Andrea) had her 1000th too. Apparently the dropzone came prepared, but she managed to get away with (slightly) preferential treatment ;)since the bathrooms were closed due to winter mode. We had to drive into the resident town for that, or "go behind a tree" if we had to.

2050: Year round skydiving in Canada due to greenhouse effect? [:/]

This is January in Canada? No snow on the ground over the weekend. Mother Nature forgot it was winter already...

This weekend (Sunday, specifically) at Skydive Gananoque was so much like an October weekend (or a late September weekend). Debbie sent out a call to everyone who might have been interested in jumping, and we managed to get everyone together, the pilots, DZO, etc, for a snowless January skydive on Sunday...

About 12 of us got together and jumped. We got 13 loads up in the air, and 5 of these were full altitude freefalls. (Okay, 10,000 to 10,500 feet but close enough).

No snow on the ground. It was almost +8-10 degrees C (about 50-55F) early in the day, slowly becoming colder later in the day. Wearing three layers inside my jumpsuit during freefall did the trick.

My hands has gotten colder during some October freefalls. They didn't get numb at all at any point in the day, not even while packing in the unheated hangar (with wide open doors)

One of us (Andrea) had her 1000th too. Apparently the dropzone came prepared, but she managed to get away with (slightly) preferential treatment ;)since the bathrooms were closed due to winter mode. We had to drive into the resident town for that, or "go behind a tree" if we had to.

Since records were kept there has never been a warmer December in Chicago than Dec 2006.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

yeah go post that in Speakers Corner "Global Warming ? My Ass" Section :|

They are forecasting a +18C for us this weekend (Switzerland)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Too bad warm weather at this time of year means means lots of MUD !! I had fun at PST on Sunday anyhow. The pilot seems to have perfected the 3X3 offroading with the 206 !!!:P
You think you understand the situation, but what you don't understand, is that the situation just changed.