MooChooser

Your opinion on RWS/UPT customer service.

I've only talked to them directly twice. Both times I talked to Pablo in the rigging loft about sizing. Both times we spent over 20 minutes discussing sizing. My questions were all answered, and he helped me make my decisions. so, I would vote "very good".

Although I do wish lead time was a little lower!! (but hey, it's winter - as long as I get my rig before the season starts!)

It has been excellent for me.
From the first phone call to a custom built (including main Sigma 395) Sigma in 4 weeks.

When we sent in the rig for a retro fit skyhook it was a 3 week turn around (we asked it not be back before 4 weeks since it was Christmas and all).

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I just had a great experience with them. I had a little problem with my vector 3 (cracked riser cover stiffener).

Ended up in Deland for a day, and a friend had some damage he wanted looked at, so we went over to UPT's rigging shop. Pablo was incredibly helpful. My riser covers are being replaced for free (with a little redesign and new stiffener material) on my 3 year old rig. When I mentioned I needed my canopy relined, he had the PD service form printed out for me in about a minute. He cut away my canopy and handed it to me in the dbag with the pilot chute attached... I dropped it off just like that at PD, who will (when it's done), walk it next door to UPT to get reassembled.

He really couldn't have been more helpful... Gave me a pile of elastic keepers when i mentioned I had just lost one. My friend had reserve riser damage, so he demonstrated on some webbing what kind of damage actually weakens webbing and what causes it.

My experience by email hasn't been as good as in person... Haven't tried the phone yet.

Dave

Having worked in the gear business for 5 years, I would say they are in the top 25% when it comes to good customer service. When mistakes have been made they have been handled right away and properly which is the true mark IMO.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

What a great company. Pablo spent so much time showing me how to pack, unhook mains, showing me gear ... also Greg trained me on my first intentional cutaway using their skyhook system. They have both taken time out of their day to show and explain things to me or let me hang out at the loft.

All of the workers from relative have gone over and beyond their call of duty.... great personalities and they really do care about the jumpers. They are very knowledgable and will do what it takes to please the customer and educate them!

I give them an A+++++++++!!!!!!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233