Jazzthieve

Buying a complete rig abroad

Hi, I'm new here (and to the sport of skydiving) and I'm tired of paying extra for rental material at my dz, so I am on the lookout for a rig of my own. I think the classifieds section on dropzone.com is one of the largest databases of secondhand skydive material on the net (correct me if I'm wrong) so I check it on a very regular base.
However, I hardly get any reaction when I send an e-mail to the sellers. So far I've sent an e-mail to about 5 people and only got 2 replies (one of them took a full week to reply me). Is that normal, I think it's because I live in Belgium and alot of people dislike the idea of dealing with potential buyers who don't live in the US or UK, am I correct?
The secondhand market here in Belgium isn't very large and it isn't always easy to find something I like just because there isn't alot to choose from, so I prefer buying abroad.

Caution:low jump numbers here.

the classifieds on dz.com are hit and miss. Ive been on the lookout for another reserve and a jumpsuit also. Of all the adds ive replied to i may have recieved 5% of responces back from them. Its gotten to the point of if its an older add....the chances are very high that the item has already been sold...and the add was not taken down...which has been the case with a few of the adds that i answered. If you dont get any hits on the classifieds check out your local dz(s). There is almost always gear for sale by jumpers that just have extra stuff laying around but never put adds up to sell it. They jsut wait for someone to come around asking for stuff. Give it a shot...ya never know till ya try!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye