WI-Fly

Know anyone on the PD demo team?

They're also doing a really cool charity event in a couple weeks in New Jersey. A skills camp at Crosskeys to raise money for children's special programs at a local school, and demos, presentations, Q&A time, etc. with the kids there.

Kelly from Realxstream is putting it together for her students and knew she could count on the PD team, they are good people.

Just like the post above me said, they are putting on a huge charity event at my school in about 2 1/2 weeks. It is in the events section.

We're kicking it off with a demo (keep your fingers crossed for approval!) in and following that with a motivational speaking event hosted by the entire team.

The PDFT will talk to over 260 seventh grade students about setting goals, handling peer pressure, planning a future, and other essential life skills.

To help coordinate this event and fund it the team and i also organized (actually we are still organizing) a skills camp that weekend. The team decided that they wanted to make it an entire charity event, so they are donating 100% of the registration costs to my school, to fund special programs for the students and to bring technology into the classroom. That, combined with John Eddows huge sponsorship, is allowing us to have a highly valuable week and weekend series of events.

I can't believe that this is working out so well, that the team is so enthusiastically on board. They are more excited than me about this :)
It's a great event, organized and planned by even greater men. I've got nothing but love and respect for each and every one of them.

If you guys are reading this, can't wait to pick you guys up and get this event going! Love ya's!

One of the coolest things about this sport is the accessibility of its big names. You'd have to pay a lot of money to go to an MLB fantasy camp to play with a major league player. It would cost a fortune (if it were even possible) to be trained by an Olympic skier. Want to play a round with Tiger Woods? Be prepared to donate a large sum of money to some charity auction to even hope to have the chance.

But in skydiving, once you start traveling around (or maybe even at your home DZ, depending on where you jump) you'll bump into the big names, the world-class competitors, on a regular basis. Maybe they'll lead a canopy control class or a swoop seminar. Or they'll be organizing RW loads at a boogie, or holding a freefly skills camp. Or you'll just show up at the DZ one day and hop on a jump with them. That night they'll probably be sitting around the bonfire with everyone else.

It rocks.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

To help coordinate this event and fund it the team and i also organized (actually we are still organizing) a skills camp that weekend.

Looking forward to that skills camp! What a great opportunity for a newbie like me to get to work with such nationally-know jumpers. Its; like a little-leaguer working with the Yankees (or fill in your favorite team) starting lineup! Only hope that I don´t make a fool of myself by funneling the exit or crashing into them... (grin)

Counting the days...

Steve
The definition of insanity is to keep doing things the same way, but then to expect different results. -Einstein