Surferd00d

As a student jumper what happens if I dont jump within 30 days?

I passed AFF LvL 6 last week but failed 7, was about to do 7 this weekend but stuff came up so I rescheduled for next weekend. Anyways I'm in the military about to do a change of duty station and I have about 2 weeks left here in California, if everything goes well I will have completed AFF LvL 8 and have a few solo jumps under my belt before I leave.

Anyways I am headed to Guam for 3 and a half weeks, where there is no USPA approved DZ's (There is only 1 over there and all they do is tandems, non USPA approved and heavily overpriced) After that I am headed to North Carolina, so it will probably be about a month and a half to two months before I get the opportunity to Skydive.

My question is I know there is like a 30 day rule between jumps, what happens if I cannot make that? Do I start from AFF LvL 1 all over again?

My question is I know there is like a 30 day rule between jumps, what happens if I cannot make that? Do I start from AFF LvL 1 all over again?

no you don't have to start all over again, however a refresher course in EP's, canopy controll and possibly a check dive with an instructor are all likely to be required, if at a static line/IAD dz you may have to do the refresher followed by a hop n pop.

If it goes much longer than 30 days some dz's may require you to sit through a first jump course.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

no you don't have to start all over again, however a refresher course in EP's, canopy controll and possibly a check dive with an instructor are all likely to be required, if at a static line/IAD dz you may have to do the refresher followed by a hop n pop.

If it goes much longer than 30 days some dz's may require you to sit through a first jump course.

Roy

Well I'm fine with sitting through a FJC all over again, after a month of not skydiving and me being a beginner I could sure use a refresher, but will I have to do AFF LvLs 1-8 all over again is what I'm worried about.

will I have to do AFF LvLs 1-8 all over again***

even the most anal dzo, instructor, s&ta *( I hope ) wouldnt require that, I have worked at four different dropzones over the years, none of them would have.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

You should also be looking for military dz's and clubs as you move round, there are many where as long as you have an active ID you can jump really cool shit for free or super cheap. Just food for thought , no one may have told you about.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I've been out for 1.5 months with a shoulder thing. But at my dropzone, I've been told that when you're a student (static line) like me you just need to make a jump every 120 days. After 120 days you have to repeat FJC and I think start back on the dope rope. I'm heading out tomorrow to see if the shoulder will tolerate jumping, and I would be really surprised if I have to re-take the FJC or repeat my last 5 second delay.. I'm pretty sure that's how they do it, unless I just heard completley wrong or misinterpreted what somebody told me.

Hi!

If you have some free time, I would highly recommend jumping at Skydive Coastal Carolinas while in NC. It is an absolutely beautiful place to jump! The Oak Island Beach is just a mile away, I believe. When you are in the air, you can see see Bald Head Island to the south and the Intercoastal Waterway just to the north. The DZ is a small operation with very friendly staff! It is located in Southport, NC in Brunswick County. I did my first jump there (tandem) and was so impressed that I am now working on my A license here at home just so I can go back and jump there again (while vacationing in MB).

Stay safe!

Hi!

If you have some free time, I would highly recommend jumping at Skydive Coastal Carolinas while in NC. It is an absolutely beautiful place to jump! The Oak Island Beach is just a mile away, I believe. When you are in the air, you can see see Bald Head Island to the south and the Intercoastal Waterway just to the north. The DZ is a small operation with very friendly staff! It is located in Southport, NC in Brunswick County. I did my first jump there (tandem) and was so impressed that I am now working on my A license here at home just so I can go back and jump there again (while vacationing in MB).

Stay safe!

You know that is so weird, I actually have Skydive Coastal Carolinas bookmarked because its the closest DZ to Camp Lejeune... more than likely they will be the first DZ I check out and hopefully they will be able to work with me.

I've been out for 1.5 months with a shoulder thing. But at my dropzone, I've been told that when you're a student (static line) like me you just need to make a jump every 120 days. After 120 days you have to repeat FJC and I think start back on the dope rope.

USPA currency requirements is a jump every *90* days for a *B* license. But just past that, they're more likely to want you to do a coach jump.

For my 8 month layoff, I got an abbreviated ground class and an AFF7 jump.

Hi!

Stay safe!

You know that is so weird, I actually have Skydive Coastal Carolinas bookmarked because its the closest DZ to Camp Lejeune... more than likely they will be the first DZ I check out and hopefully they will be able to work with me.

well call them up and ask
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192