sraja

Rookie Question on Ash dive

This probably sounds silly but I have been wondering - When people do an ash dive do they really take ashes of the person or ashes of their prized belongings? I ask this because it is not common to cremate a person in the christian religion - so what exactly are these ashes that get released?

As I understand it, Islam and some forms of Judaism forbid cremation. Few (any?)Christian denominations, including Catholicism, forbid cremation. And of course in some religions cremation is the preferred method of final disposition of the dead. I don't know about others.

If an "ash" dive is done it is a all or a portion of the cremated remains of the person that is released. There are various methods used. If getting involved with an ash dive it's best to contact someone who had prepared one for advice. A search here will find several threads.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

It should probably belong to the Speakers Corner, but catholicism does not prohibit cremation (search for the world "cremation" at the linked page).

Perhaps you misunderstood councilman24. His statement basically says that Catholicism is one of the Christian denominations that does NOT forbid cremation.

In other words, its allowed.
__

My mighty steed