DannHuff

"Skydive terror" - TV reporter tumbles on AFF

Positive indeed!

He even admits it's his own mistake that induces the tumble :)
I wonder though.. Will he continue with the AFF program?

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I prefer training students with a full climb out exit. It's more realistic to what they will be doing later in skydiving.

Well done by the instructors, reserve side had the option of letting go, but I don;t think their decision changed the skydive much.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I prefer training students with a full climb out exit. It's more realistic to what they will be doing later in skydiving.

It's a good point, but isn't an AFF level 1 dive hard enough without the tumbling act on the first dive and their increased fear factor for the first few seconds?

Well done by the instructors, reserve side had the option of letting go, but I don;t think their decision changed the skydive much.

Yup. I watched it a couple of times. The first time I wondered why the reserve side didn't break off, but then after watching it again, it was probably right around the point that s/he was thinking about getting off that it shook out.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.