TheFunOne

How Do I Qualify Companies Where I'd Like To Skydive?

I'm newer to the Skydiving experience. Can you please let me know the kind of questions I should have on my checklist when I'm qualifying a Skydiving Company? I'd like to make sure I choose a company that has high standards for safety.

Can you also provide some names of reputable skydiving places?

Thanks!
Troy J Corupe
[email protected]
www.weRwealthy.net
The Berry Tree

i dont think you will find one thats not safe and still going

i have jumped 2 drop zones now on my aff and they both have the same focus safe landings

this might change after my aff but hey they treat you like a new born baby and slowly take off the training wheels

famous last words of the aff 9 student i was in the plane with at 4500 feet last Saturday (you want me to go now shock horror sound in voice)

good luck

There is a good book around called

JUMP! : Skydiving Made Fun & Easy

The author of this book contributes here a lot and I think it should answer your questions and also provide more helpful information.

What I think matters most is a good connection to your instructor as well as overall atmosphere. Maybe visit each place that you consider and get talking with an instructor. Does he listen to you? Ask him questions about the gear, things you don't understand. Is he good in explaining things? ... and so on ...

Maybe have a look at the student gear - if it is very old it may still be safe (probably is) but I personally would prefer newer gear if nothing else helps me decide which school to choose.

There are other things like aircraft safety to consider, but these are probably not so easy to evaluate.

HTH

Andreas

Skydive Burnaby would the biggest and best place to learn where your at. Check it out, it's a real cool dropzone with the best and biggest planes around. You are lucky to be close to there.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Skydive Burnaby would the biggest and best place to learn where your at. Check it out, it's a real cool dropzone with the best and biggest planes around. You are lucky to be close to there.

I would agree, good vibes, instructors and staff. well maintained gear. Great parties. The only South Westren Ontario DZ that has a full time Otter in the summer (182 for the off season or extreamly slow days) Check them out I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

they account for 2/3 of Canada's turbine skydiving fleet:S.

I didn't know Niagra had a full time turbine. If so, there is more than one other. Pacific Coast in BC has one do they not? And isn't there also one in Quebec?

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

they account for 2/3 of Canada's turbine skydiving fleet:S.

I didn't know Niagra had a full time turbine. If so, there is more than one other. Pacific Coast in BC has one do they not? And isn't there also one in Quebec?

Pacific Skydivers in Pitt Meadows (Vancouver): King Air
Vancouver Skydivers in Abbotsford: Porter
Eden North in Onoway AB (Edmonton): Caravan starting this spring.
Niagara Skydiving Dunneville ON: King Air
Burnaby Skydive Centre Burnaby ON: Twin Otter
Nouvelle Air Farnham QC (Montreal): Twin Otter
Voltige 2001 Lourdes de Joliette QC (Montreal): Grand Caravan.
C.E.P. Atmosph Air St Jean Chrysostome QC (Quebec City): Caravan.

I would agree, good vibes, instructors and staff. well maintained gear. Great parties. The only South Westren Ontario DZ that has a full time Otter in the summer (182 for the off season or extreamly slow days) Check them out I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

We have slow days at Burnaby???? lol. Ok, maybe some weekdays.