upndownshop

Received a SkyFest Skydiving Scholarship??

Hello all

I am wanting to get photos (mug shots) of the 70 some odd folks that have benefited from the (JSF) The Jerry Schrimsher Skydiving Scholarship Fund.

So if you have received one please go to http://www.skyfestboogie.com/component/option,com_contact/task,view/contact_id,1/Itemid,8/

and send me an email with your full name and a mug shot. Yes it can be full body shots too, but we will crop it. Cant really say what we are doing right now but you can expect to see something in a few months.
Oh, if you plan on attending SkyFest this year, our registration is online, help us figure out how many shirts I have to order from myself;) to order.

Hope everyone keeps "Paying it Skyward"

Thanks
J

I have wondered this for a while now-- What exactly is this scholarship? Do coaches donate jumps to help out students, or is it some type of gear pool, or is it a reduced cost AFF, or what? I like the idea of experienced jumpers giving back and helping out the newbies, something I hope to be able to do one day, but I don't exactly understand what this scholarship is.

J sure seems to advertise skyfest alot.

How many skyfest threads you got now J?

Whats the next thread going to be?..... "tell us your SKYFEST stories"? with a side note about registration?:D:D:D

I know, i know, I am evil

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I have wondered this for a while now-- What exactly is this scholarship? Do coaches donate jumps to help out students, or is it some type of gear pool, or is it a reduced cost AFF, or what? I like the idea of experienced jumpers giving back and helping out the newbies, something I hope to be able to do one day, but I don't exactly understand what this scholarship is.

Glad to hear you look forward to helping out future jumpers, its folks with that attitude that have had a major part in keeping this sport alive for over 50 years.

Here is a link to a little more details on how it works:
http://www.skyfestboogie.com/content/view/14/11/

In addition to the info on the site, SkyFest basically takes the bulk of the funds generated from the event and covers slot cost for the coaching jumps. We do not pick the winners, the staff/ instructors of the sponsoring DZ pick them.. We only set the criteria. AFF graduate is one of them.

Hope to see you at the event, its built with you in mind.

be safe
J

J sure seems to advertise skyfest alot.

How many skyfest threads you got now J?

Whats the next thread going to be?..... "tell us your SKYFEST stories"? with a side note about registration?:D:D:D

I know, i know, I am evil

Now thats funny! This might be my first 2008 SkyFest post, I didn't post the events one this year :P

Funny, you say that when I can think of a certain event that walks on water, yet 6' under at the same time.

Hmmmm, Lets see, SkyFest has become one of 4 approved locations for the ISSA's World Cup Speed Skydiving Competition.

So if I changed the name to WSFC (World SkyFest Confederation) would you mind then???:P:P:P:P

I know I know , just being a smart ass, (you know I too miss the afore mentioned) but I figure between the two of us, we probably have this site covered. LOL

Hope your event goes well, you should be in the states in June though!! Good marketing and Free Skydives LOL