lewmonst

May 3rd SKYDIVE PERRIS - KOJI Benefit

WE’RE HAVING A GOING AWAY PARTY AND BENEFIT FOR KOJI - MAY 3rd , 2008

As you may know already, on January 24th, 2007, Koji Mizoi, a longtime cameraflyer and instructor at Perris Valley Skydiving, had an equipment malfunction causing him to land hard on the dirt. He suffered a C-7, incomplete spinal chord injury, leaving him without the use of his legs and very limited use of his hands.

The time is right for Koji and his wife Sachiko to move back to Japan. Sachiko has been taking care of Koji 24/7 for the last year by herself. Needless to say, she is exhausted and in need of a break, so, they have decided to go back to Japan where their families are. They plan to leave at the end of May.

Since last year, Project Walk has opened a facility near Tokyo. One of their trainers was here for a couple weeks and Koji was impressed with him. Also, Mayumi, Koji’s former skysurf teammate, was here to visit and see Project Walk. As a result, she decided to get a job there as an assistant trainer with plans to become a trainer.

On May 3rd, we’re planning something similar to what we did last year. Tentatively, we will have: t-shirts, raffle, silent auction, music and dinner. We will also be adding a Spring Cleaning/Yard Sale of used skydiving gear. If you have any skydiving gear or paraphernalia you no longer use, please consider donating it. Your junk could be someone else’s treasure. You can drop of items any time to the Perris Valley Skydiving School. You can choose to contribute 100% of the sale or 50% of the proceeds towards Koji’s rehab. (If you donate 50%, you must include your name and minimum price.) Please be sure to include your name and contact information with your donation. Also, please make sure items are in a bag or box.

We are also looking for donations for the raffle and silent auction. We could use volunteers as well to sell t-shirts and wristbands on the weekends and to help the evening of the event. We’d appreciate all the help we can get to make this event another success.

Thanks to the great participation last year, Koji’s rehab at Project Walk was covered through February 2008. His determination and hard work have amazed the trainers at Project Walk. He is determined to continue working as hard as he can as long as he has the opportunity to continue his rehab at Project Walk. Thanks to the support of the skydiving community, we have made this possibility a reality. Please visit his myspace website for photos, video and progress updates:
www.myspace.com/forkoji

For more information or to make a donation, contact:
Linda Witte, [email protected] 951-678-1973
Karen Lewis, [email protected] 951-378-1010
Shazza Kindsvater [email protected] 951-639-7674
http://www.exitshot.com

Awesome job on the t-shirts girlie!!!! ;) (As if I haven't said it enough.) I had to get one for everyone in my family, they like them so much.

I'm sad that Chris & I will miss it, but I'll bid on you thru Brooke. Take pictures for me!

Hugs!

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

It certainly is busy here (I'm here for Perris P3)

The dinner was busy tonight! I was the last person to buy the KOJI benefit dinner, after a hundred or two people bought dinner before me! I was the last one to finish packing (Okay... I got excuses ;) ... windy on the grass, clumps of dried Perris mud inside my ram-air inlets, and broken rubber stows to be replaced) Still was a great day with Perris P3. 30 and 37 way attempts were done today, we move to 50 ways tomorrow...

It was my first time to perris skydive as I am new, I bought a Koji shirt and love the design! It is very big and it was very busy there, does anyone know what happened around 3pm? I saw the ambulance picking up someone off the field... I hope they are ok, I over heard that the person dropped like a rock from the sky? does anyone know? It seemed very windy:(

I was the last person to buy the KOJI benefit dinner, after a hundred or two people bought dinner before me! I was the last one to finish packing

If you left your black case and rig out in the packing area while you attended the dinner we picked it up and put it in a team room for you (not safe to leave your stuff out overnight). It's locked up and safe where it's at.

And if it wasn't you, and you see someone frantically looking around for their stuff tomorrow morning, have them check with cameraflyer Terry to retrieve it (and pay him a 'protection fee' for saving their valuables). ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon