bigpapasmurf01

Skydiving Under The Age of 18 in Illinois?

As far as I know, there is no where in Illinois that will take someone under 18.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

If your parents own a dropzone, I would try there first. :P The general concensus is that there are certain rights your parents cannot waive on your behalf which would make any waiver either you or they sign useless. Most places won't allow you to jump without a valid waiver which is something you cannot provide unti you are 18.

ah this is going to kill me. I have been saving up for the past 2 months and now when I have the money I can't go. One of my friends went to Skydive Chicago when he was 17 and went skydiving with his parents, I emailed them asking about this and they said you must be 18 years old no exceptions. I am begging you guys. Do you guys know of anywhere near or around Illinois that allows people under the age of 18 with a parents consent to skydive? Big thanks if anyone can help me out.

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/62.shtml

Give these guys a call to see if they are still allowing jumpers under 18. Not sure how long a drive that is for you but it might be your closest option.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

www.startskydiving.com in Lebanon Ohio has AFF Students as young as 16 with a notorized parental consent.

Go to the web page and schedule with them.

http://www.startskydiving.com/General-Information/Skydiving-School.html

Half way down at the AFF pic.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

www.startskydiving.com in Lebanon Ohio has AFF Students as young as 16 with a notorized parental consent.

Go to the web page and schedule with them.

http://www.startskydiving.com/General-Information/Skydiving-School.html

Half way down at the AFF pic.

Matt

Thank you so much. It is about a 5 and a half hour drive. Has anyone else been here? Reviews?

Also does anyone know of anywhere that is closer to me. I live right by Chicago. You guys are great. Thanks so much!

Depending on the static line method used, type of canopy and packing methos, will dictate how far you fall till the canopy is fully open.

But as soon as you leave the plane the deployement process is going on.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!