Kynan1

Gas prices and skydiving

Any solutions...other than base jumping?:D

[Game show host]
No, I'm sorry, that's incorrect.

The correct answer IS BASE jumping. That's right, BAAAASE Jumping. Thank you so much for playing.
[/Game show host]

And there's no carbon footprint except for the manufacture of the accompanying liquor, but I planted a tree, so there.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

...And there's no carbon footprint except for the manufacture of the accompanying liquor, but I planted a tree, so there.

Hey, plant some cacti, need more Tequila.

Compared to what I was paying in 1977, and accounting for starting salary inflation, jump prices would have to be $35 to be as expensive as when I got out of school.

Like Jeff, I jump in the Lodi time-warp, and buy 13k tickets for $13 in blocks of 50. Sometimes we don't get quite the altitude, but nobody is going to complain. At least as often, we get extra.

The price (at least at the $25 level) doesn't really affect the amount I jump, but I'm financially fortunate to have more income than some, and no kids to raise. I do have my priorities -- I'm on my 3rd car ever, and I just turned 54. I'd rather have an extra week off a year than a more expensive or newer car.

From what I've seen lately, and this may be coincidence -- the people that do 10-20 jumps a month that live 150+ miles from the DZ seem to be coming less often.

Then there's me, I live across the country yet find myself at Perris it seems every other week due to work on the west coast. That said I'm actually considering a house in the area where I'll plan on seeing many "weekend" roommates drop by.

To be honest, I think the DZ's are actually doing a great job of managing the situation. I don't know for a fact, but I would think that the DZ threw in some money for us at the American Boogie at Skydance to keep us running with minimal jump ticket increases.
-Patrick

The CASA couldn't make it so Ray had to bring up the Skyvan from Perris. He was loosing $5/slot on all Skyvan loads in addition to having to pay the ferry fee for the skyvan.

I gotta give Ray a bunch of credit for that! The CASA may have been able to make it by Saturday but the bigways on Friday were counting on a tailgate and Ray really came through.

Also at the MAy Perris BigWay and 100way camp there was a fuel surcharge, but the DZ and the organizers split it 3 ways with the participants.