goobersnuftda

Looking for specific skydiving SMOKE and STREAMERS

I've been flying smoke for a number of years now and our DZ has 5 different foot brackets as well as lanyard style.

I am looking for some heavy smoke and not the usual crap that comes from Paragear. That is OK, but it is far to weak and small.

A few years ago we found a surplus supplier in the US that purchased expired smoke made for Germany. Was the size of a large Chunky soup can, orange, and pumped out real heavy smoke, like thick. Got a few pair of crappy now orange jeans to prove it :)

Does anyone know of some place that has really, really good smoke and if it were to be in green, that would be awesome. Also, some foot wide plastic streamers. Really long and not the paper kind.

Thanks for any info.

Thank you for the link and information. It looks like their web page is kind of a mess. On my end the pictures all overlap what there is to read and it looks like they are using DEMONSTRATION software that has expired and is giving them the warning.

Thanks for the info and I can still read the email address at the bottom so I will try that.

The Superior Skydiving Smoke - sold by Para Gear - is great because it burns (comparatively) cool and does not stain jumpsuits. The disadvantage is that it does not create a large enough cloud of smoke to keep you happy.
Most of my smoke jumps have been with Paines-Wessex (military smoke cannisters. That smoke is hot, dirty and nasty! A one point, I even had orange stains BELOW the insoles of my jump boots!
Yes, MIL SPEC smoke creates bigger clouds, but it is also more dangerous. If anyone ever offers you MIL SPEC smoke cannisters labelled "WP" run a way screaming!

I am not sure if they offer colours, but one year at Flock'nDock, Ted from Texas was selling wingsuit friendly smoke brackets and also smoke by Superior Signal, I believe it was the 2 minute skydiver smoke.

I bought one of the brackets and a canister of the 2 minute smoke, which is a cold burning smoke and it was white.

We then did a wingsuit flock of about 6 people with two of us wearing smoke and it was clearly visible to all on the ground from exit until well after landing.

All in all the canister lasted for 3-4 minutes, never got too hot and seemed to generate loads of smoke.

yeah and you also pulled inside the plane.... thx for that! :P

that smoke was from superior signal too. it's not actually skydiver smoke, it's meant for firefighter training and is called a firefighter grenade. It's the same canister as the skydiver smoke just filled. the last batch I got took forever to really start going.

if anyone find a good source for color let me know. It's been hard to find and you end up resorting to marine or hot smoke.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?