BillyVance

Old Glory demo jump - who was it?

Strange to see this end up on youtube's UK site, but my godfather sent the link to me.

Old Glory has rarely looked better. Who did the jump? The info is at the right of the video screen.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iCz3BA-oNlY
:)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I guess saying didn't you listen to the narrator would be stupid huh?

Exactly why I posted. I think I'm known well enough on here that I don't have to repeat the phrase "I'm fucking deaf!" again and again. :P:D

Paul did a great job by the way.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I guess saying didn't you listen to the narrator would be stupid huh?

Exactly why I posted. I think I'm known well enough on here that I don't have to repeat the phrase "I'm fucking deaf!" again and again. :P:D

Paul did a great job by the way.

I'm guessing you didn't read the More Info on the right that said,

The jumper featured in the video is Paul McCowan, the founder of the E Team Skydivers, based in Ohio. His site is at http://www.eteamskydivers.com

And the IP address pool for uk.youtube is the same as the one for www.youtube.com or even youtube.com. It's not UK specific.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Billy-not to rub it in or anything-but me and Phree were there at the Gathering. The jump looked great live. Not to mention the rows and rows of Mustangs on the ramp:P

Cool... I can see it was a big show. I've had two Mustangs myself. A '93 hatchback (nothing special) and a nice '96 coupe. The '93 hatchback went 298K miles before the engine conked out (per the guy I sold it to). :)
Edited to add: I've done demos with a guy who had a flag like that. Maybe half that big. It's impressive. Especially when exit altitude was 2000 feet. :D

Wrong type of Mustang there Billy. ;) This was the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends where they had assembled the largest gathering of P-51 Mustangs in the world since WWII had occured. they had over 80 flying P-51's at the airshow.

Paul flies a very large flag and puts on a great show with the Red Baron team circling him. The flag is very large, it was the largest being flown on a regular basis until the last 2-3 years.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Ah, sorry. :S The air show I did was a wings and wheels show, combination of cars and planes. That was what was in my mind when I posted that.

Glad we got to see the Barons one last time. I was crushed when Ryan called to tell me they were disbanded. Multiple planes circling jumpers is coolest. Aeroshell Team does a killer job at it as well...Don't they Twardo?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour