npgraphicdesign

Completing AFF at different DZs?

Lets say I start training at one DZ, and then because of weather/time constraints, I don't finish before the season is over (I'm in the Northeast). If I take a vacation somewhere (in January), such as Florida, Cali, etc...states where DZs operate most of the year or year round, could I finish my AFF training in a week or so? I'm currently on my D2 jump.

Are the jump criteria the same at every DZ? In other words, even though the prices might be a bit different here and there, the requirements for each jump completion are still the same?

Also, would love some recommendations of some DZs in Florida, Cali, and other warmer states where I could go during the month of January for a week or so to finish my training.

Also, would love some recommendations of some DZs in Florida, Cali, and other warmer states where I could go during the month of January for a week or so to finish my training.

No reason to go all the way to Columbia. California has some great DZs.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

No reason to go all the way to Columbia. California has some great DZs.

Any recommendations? I hear Lake Elsinore is good. Are there any closer to San Diego?

Quit yer bitchin' and finish AFF! January is when you want to travel for fun, to jump at a boogie, not to finish AFF. You've got plenty of time before the season ends. And you're not afraid of the cold are ya? C'mon, we'll be jumping all winter.

But if you do have to go elsewhere to finish, you'll be best off finding a dropzone that teaches the same student program, the ISP. Some dropzones are still using the older AFF program, levels 1-7 instead of categories A-H. They're not so different, but it does make it simpler if they don't have to kind of translate from one program to another.

You're getting dangerously close to your coach jumps (when you get to come play with me). You can knock them out really fast. We've got a lot of coaches and not enough instructors, so once you get to hop n' pops, things will really speed up. Gets cheaper too!

Dave

Z-Hills is an awesome place to be. With friendly people and awesome shower facilities that is where my winter get away would be... although there is tunnel near Perris, as well as at Eloy
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Quit yer bitchin' and finish AFF! January is when you want to travel for fun, to jump at a boogie, not to finish AFF. You've got plenty of time before the season ends. And you're not afraid of the cold are ya? C'mon, we'll be jumping all winter.

But if you do have to go elsewhere to finish, you'll be best off finding a dropzone that teaches the same student program, the ISP. Some dropzones are still using the older AFF program, levels 1-7 instead of categories A-H. They're not so different, but it does make it simpler if they don't have to kind of translate from one program to another.

You're getting dangerously close to your coach jumps (when you get to come play with me). You can knock them out really fast. We've got a lot of coaches and not enough instructors, so once you get to hop n' pops, things will really speed up. Gets cheaper too!

Dave

Oh i'm not bitchin'! :P The only thing I'm bitchin' at is this weather we're having...i had big plans of being out there at 730am tomorrow and knock out 3 - 4 jumps. Only thing I'll be doing this weekend is NOT jumping...[:/] But you know New England...we could have 2 months of sunny weekends or two months of rain, wind, & snow. :P

As long as you have the logbook, you can finish somewhere else. I did level 1 in Byron, but the winds were too high to keep going. I finished up in Hollister where the winds are nothing until around 2pm but it's a much smaller dz. There are differences...Hollister has 7 levels and I "think" but not certain that Byron makes you do 8. It's the same stuff, though. Prepare for other differences in styles of teaching too.

The biggest difference for me was that I was scared climbing out of a Cessna for the first time. I'm fine now, but damn, climbing on that step and holding the strut scared the piss out of me the first time. The trail was fun to watch, though. :S

As long as you have the logbook, you can finish somewhere else. I did level 1 in Byron, but the winds were too high to keep going. I finished up in Hollister where the winds are nothing until around 2pm but it's a much smaller dz. There are differences...Hollister has 7 levels and I "think" but not certain that Byron makes you do 8. It's the same stuff, though. Prepare for other differences in styles of teaching too.

The biggest difference for me was that I was scared climbing out of a Cessna for the first time. I'm fine now, but damn, climbing on that step and holding the strut scared the piss out of me the first time. The trail was fun to watch, though. :S

Amen...first time I had to climb out there and hang out on the strut, i was scared sh!tless. I had a fear of small planes, and considering I did my A jump out of an Otter, the B jump out a Cesna...er..my 3 B jumps out of a Cesna ;) freaked me out a bit. I think I'm ok now, but we'll wait until I have to climb out there on my own...:D

Call ahead and ask how the DZ you plan on going to breaks their training up. Be sure to take your vidoes (if you get them during your traning jumps which you should). Also, if you have a student traning booklet from your original DZ that outlines each level, be sure to take that. Then if the DZ you're visiting uses a different system they can match what you've done to their system accordingly.