SnowflakeNO

Skydiving equipment store in NY?

Hello guys =)

Pål from norway here, going to new york for a vacation and hoping to get a jump in the vicinity as well..

Hoping to buy a new cypres 2 while i'm in NYC (and perhaps some more stuff=). Does anybody know any stores around? Please list..

Thanks..
Blue skies and white water! :)

Sure - any of those knock-off stores off of 7th will carry 'em. Just like real Rolex's, Nikon's and Cannon's too! :D

Sorry - I just couldn't resist. You'll need to step outside of Manhattan there SnowflakeNO, I'm pretty sure, if you expect to get what you are looking for, cash-shopping in person here. I'm pretty sure they don't just have these out in the usual tourist spots downtown for you to find one whilst window-shopping otherwise!

Maybe someone else can best direct you to somewhere that may actually STOCK them. Here in the states though, USUALLY (yes, I know there are exceptions at some larger DZ's/gear stores) we order them through the US Supplier (via our riggers), SSK.

Enjoy your visit state-side, and if you get south far enough to Delaware, feel free to stop in and say "hello".

Blue Skies,
-Grant

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I thought Skydive Store was out of Philly area, not NYC. ...??? I know they've got something set up at Sky's the Limit (NJ) - but they are actually in the city too?

Just called him:

He has locations DZ stores at Long Island, & Skys the Limit. His homes are located in Penn. and NY and is open for business in both.

Although that's "technically" "NY" too - be advised that the Long Island location is FAR from NYC.

Buffalo is "NY" too, but not so much an easy jaunt or adjunct to NYC that a foreigner might immediately recognize. A NYC visitor would probably be closer to the Ranch, in Gardner, than he would be the LI DZ - but I suppose sure, it's all just semantics, eh?

I still don't think there's an actual shop IN NYC that one can walk-in, and purchase a Cypres though, is there? If there is - or something relatively CONVENIENT, I think that this is what the OP is looking for.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone