I3uller

Jumps 8-25

Hey all I just finished my AFF course last weekend. Did 7 jumps and didn't have to redo any jumps or anything but I was just curious on where I go from 8-25. I got myself an Altimaster analog altimeter and a Mamba helmet so far...not planning on buying a rig for a while though. I'm really just wondering if there are set maneuvers that I need to complete during that time before I get my A license? If not what do the more experienced guys suggest for the jumps leading to my 25th? Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

I'm really just wondering if there are set maneuvers that I need to complete during that time before I get my A license?

Yes, there are things that you will need to do in freefall and under canopy. Take a look at your A license proficiency card for a list. A few examples are tracking for a set distance while maintaining a good heading, demonstrating that you can dive down to a formation, execute riser turns, etc.
Owned by Remi #?

1. Bravo to you for having the insight to ask this important question!

2. The above refrenced article is great.;)

3. I was a student not so long ago. Coached jumps are a huge help. I was lucky to be at a DZ which uses the Skydive University curicullum and teaching methods. The difference that coaching jumps made for me is hard to describe.

4. I would argue that the learning challenges of these jumps are GREATER than the challenges of the AFF jumps.

5. Many students don't get their A-license at 25 jumps because they lack the accuracy jumps. Be sure to put attention into that task early.

6. In my opinion, high quality coach jumps are a BARGAIN. They may look expensive, but they can accelerate your learning so much that in the long run they are a bargain.

7. Canopy control courses can be a life-saver! Remember that poor canopy flight is a leading cause of death and THE leading cause of injury in this sport.B|

8. Practice flat (braked) turns until you can do them without thinking. Without a doubt, flat turns have kept me out of the hospital. I have done some stupid things, and flat turns have saved me![:/]

9. Jump Safely, have fun.

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!