Muzzy

New to skydiving

Hey everyone Im new here to the website and I just had a question for yall. I did my first tandem dive a little over a year ago, and i havent gone a day with out thinking how amazing it was. I recently finished school and now Im working full time. This winter I have a lot of time off, and I figured i can finally get my A licence. I was just wondering how much money I should expect to be spending? Also since I live in NY Im gunna have to go down south some where, I was thinking FL, maybe Zhills. If anyones got any recomendations it would be greatly appreciated.

Certainly you want a reputable DZ, and one that meets your needs (cold v warm, big v small, etc.).

Might want to check some Midwest DZ's if you are price concious as some of them do seem to be a good amount cheaper.

At my home DZ, graduating AFF will cost you about $1100 (if you pass all jumps 1st time of course), and after that 13K costs $22.

Only catch here is they are closed for the winter.:(

" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

graduating AFF will cost you about $1100 (if you pass all jumps 1st time of course), and after that 13K costs $22.

That's not actually a licence, is it? I don't mean to get picky with you, but "graduating" AFF doesn't put an A license in your hand, and that's what Muzzy was asking about. While I'm only a 42-jump newbie, and I do respect your numbers and experience, I don't like it when people put it like that.

It will cost upwards of $2000 to get your A licence, full stop. Graduating, so to speak, isn't an accurate term, even though some DZs address it as such. If you pass the 7-jump AFF Course, you are cleared for solo status - meaning you can jump by yourself unsupervised ($22), with a coach (approx. $70 with gear), or with a D-license holder.

Check the SIM for real accurate info on the requirements.

(Please understand that I mean no disrespect, Pirana.)

Edited to add: By the way, MRVS is open all year round. Come out and try the dope rope!
T.I.N.S.

Lots of high prices floating around out there.

Check out http://www.skydivethefarm.com in Rockmart, GA. We jump year-'round.

Call Hans at 404-295-5000 and talk to him about pricing and discounted packages.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

As an alternate idea, you could plan it into (or make it) your next holiday. This isn’t a foreign exchange forum, but there have been some big currency moves in favour of the US dollar. The perennially feeble “greenback” is instantly worth more in quite a few countries.

For example, when I did my AFF in 2002, the South African Rand was at record lows against the British Pound. Result: I got my full AFF for £440 when it would have been around £1500 in the UK - and had a nice holiday to add to it.

However, be careful that the training will be accepted in your home country when you return.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"