peterjd

saving up taking a break, preparations

i ran out of money and time quick working on my AFF (only got 2 jumps in 7 weeks). im getting surgery for deviated septum which was my main problem (sinus infections). from now until the end of snowboarding season im gonna save up money to do the entire program in full going almost weekly.

im going to do the program at skydive orange
-where is the closest wind tunnel to Orange, VA?

also when in my training would you suggest i visit the wind tunnel? before (considering ive done the training and 2 jumps) or later in on my training

is there anything else i can do to prepare for the program over the winter? i have the SIM and i look through it often when im bored in class.

The closest tunnel would probably be raeford NC. From what I hear they have a pretty good operation going on.
Go to: www.paracletexp.com/
"If piloting an airplane is flying, then driving a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, you have to get out of the vehicle"

i had the same surgery. Good luck. It was seriously the worst week and a half of my life.

+1

And if your doctor tells you to take it easy, you better listen! I ended up in the ICU at the Lower Keys Medical Center while I was vacationing in Key West (2 weeks after the sinus surgery). I sneezed while at Bahia Honda State Park and blew a scab off an artery. I spent 5 days in the hospital down there with a torture device stuck up my nose. :|

Don't be like me (IDIOT) and try to get the gel packing to come out while you blow your nose a week later. Let nature take it's course and it will melt away.

Good luck! B|
Always be kinder than you feel.