Carrapeta

1st Balloon Jump. . .

And I think I'm IN LOOOOVE!!!!
Got a ballon jump in Saturday morning and HOLY S#%T that was the coolest thing I've ever done in my life!!!

Peace and tranquility to audible acceleration and the sweet SWEET feeling of altitude loss!! WOOOHOOOO!!!>:(
I'm gonna try to get another one in this week!!

yeah yeah. . . :D:D:D:D Fo SHo!!!

edit to add: MORE PICS HERE

Credit to Mike Bohn for the photosB| Thanks bro!! I had the time of my life!!!
If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

That looks awesome! I can't wait to do one...

Just out of curiosity, did you have to pay for the whole balloon ride or did you get a half price deal? hehe
Seriously though, about how much do balloon pilots charge?
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.

What altitude did you jump and what altitude can you get to in a balloon?

Expect pretty much a hop-n-pop by most people standards, although I have been to 7K above the ground, so 12K sea level, a few times...

If you are wearing a wingsuit - even a hop-n-pop goes a LONG way!

What altitude did you jump and what altitude can you get to in a balloon?

depends on the pilot, if the basket is full they dont want to get the balloon too hot and you tend to get 3k ish.

We had a reaaly cool pilot this year, he took us to little over 7k and we did some 2 way freefly ;P

I worry sometimes about what the heat of the burners might do my rig and whats inside ;) I'm fairly tall thus close to the things and sometimes the side of my helmet is so hot you could burn your fingers on it :S

the side of my helmet is so hot you could burn your fingers on it

Duck.

All sarcasm aside - like the TV show "mythbusters"? I had one of the "Am I missing an Eyebrow" moments... I lost a chunk of hair on inflation one flight - holding the balloon open.

I was wearing a wingsuit at the time but it did make me question the hardware on my rig that was exposed enough to look at it carefully. It is a concern.

Note to others: if at the last second before the first burner fire, if another ground crew member moves the fan and you feel a steady rush of cool air your way with the pilot's hands on the burner controls - you might not want to stand there for long.

Around here its between 70-80

Thanks beauty...
I can't wait give it a try!
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.