Gato

My First Posted Video - Poised Exit

I just uploaded a video of a poised exit on my 42nd jump. I was on a solo video slot with a tandem, exiting from 9,000, complete with an emotional outburst.

Just your average poised exit, but it's pretty good considering how I used to bone ALL my exits, except for when I was hanging from the strut.

Hope you all get a laugh out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0XQfcwNe4o&feature=channel_page

Oh, and here are some preliminary answers to questions that may arise:

I asked for an early door so I could have time to pull my leg straps back up, and that's why I'm fidgeting on the step.

The tandem student asked me before exit if I was scared, and I said, "A little." That's not what I said on the step.

My reserve flap did not touch the door, or the underside of the wing; I've slowed it down frame by frame to verify this.

Try not to feel too jealous of my Geek Suit - my Square1 freefly suit with sci-fi patches. Get your own.

Personal observation: I need to trim my eyebrows. :D

(Edited to ad a "d" to a word. Dumbass.)
T.I.N.S.

Nice exit.....

I used to suck at exits myself so I did the same thing...practiced....

good job!

Hard to believe last xmas I was that tandem student asking if you were scared....lol

cya,
Steve
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Never gotten to climb out of a 182. Nice to see you are getting better with exits.

Well, I've never jumped out of anything but 182s, so I'm looking forward to jumping an Otter in a couple of weeks. Little Cessnas are a ton of fun, though - there's something cool about being in something so small, then exiting into the biggest thing there is.

Tuning-in my exits has tremendously improved my confidence - it's a sure sign that I'm not in a panic!
T.I.N.S.