SkyPainter

Almost Burned-in Medically

Hi, all!

Spent the past three weeks recovering from what was a mystifying, and very weird medical issue. Had severe intestinal bleeding (cause unknown) which stuck me in the hospital for a week, and two weeks at home, most likely causes were severe Gastroenteritis, or Ischemic Colitis.

Either way, I lost about ten pounds (lowered my wing loading!) and am now recovering strength. Was touch-n-go in the ER for a few hours.

Now, I can't WAIT until we can jump again here in New England ,,,, I am going to jump my Cat D1 in AFF , and hope to finish AFF early this spring, then trek to several new DZs ......

This medical siderail caused me to rethink things....and skydiving is one of those things that came out on top on the priority list!

If this isn't a vindication of the sport, nothing is. Of all the things that I want to do again, after being so close to other death, skydiving is it. That says a lot to me.

So, I sit, recover, and get stronger, awaiting the day that I can once again experience the sheer joy of flying my body towards earth, and the absolute thrill of another canopy ride to the ground.

This sport transcends a lot .......

Blue skies, and Safe Landings Always -

SkyPainter
Live deliberately; Dare greatly; Land gently
SkyPainter
SOS 1304, POPS 10695, DS 118

Glad to hear you've recovered, and I wish you well, and on-going good health. It's disconcerting that you don't have a definitive diagnosis of what caused this, and personally, this would worry me.

Couldn't agree more on the skydiving becoming a life/activity priority! #3, right behind your family and your health.

Glad you're okay, and hope you stay that way.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Sorry to hear about your illness and hospitalization but glad to hear you are 'on the mend' and looking to complete your AFF. I too, am counting the days until spring, warmer weather, and getting back in the sky. Until then, take care and I hope each day finds you feeling better and getting stronger.

Yo Dude,

Glad you made it, sound like you truly knocked on deaths door and ran away!! You know that really pisses him off right?? :D

Anyway, in regards to your diagnosis or lack there of, have they had you swallow the pill size camera to photo your insides? If no, ask to have it done as it will give them a true look without have to put the camera in the other way :o

Phil

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Thanks, folx!

I am recovering well, and waiting for the temps to get above 32 here in chilly New England! I may have a shot at going to Florida for a fishing trip (I teach fly fishing for LL Bean, and the State of Mass) and if that happens, I will definitely get a few more AFF leaps in there!!! I am stuck at D1, but should blow through the next few okay, as I am lucky enough to have a tunnel near enough to me - and some great flyers who are friends to practice with!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Blue Skies and Safe Landings Always -

SkyPainter
SkyPainter

It's sure good to hear things are going better for you. I hope that trip to Florida cames through.

Thanks, Pat!

Once I hit the "A" license, maybe I can trek out and we can make an "Oldies" jump together! :)

Best -

Blues Sklies and
Safe Landings Always!

SkyPainter
SkyPainter

Once I hit the "A" license, maybe I can trek out and we can make an "Oldies" jump together! :)

I think I'm going to do a Coach course next month and if I pass, we could jump even before that. I'd be glad to jump with you anytime. :)

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490