skinnay

First solo solo jump

..and fuck i'm nervous! i dont know why, i guess its also the whole new process of renting a rig, checking it myself, making sure im in the right exit order. is it strange that im the most nervous for this one? i dont think i worried much about any of my aff jumps. and what kind of exit did you guys do for your first jumps? im thinking of just tracking back and forth perpendicular to the jump run. i dont know why im putting so much thought into this :S

I was nervous too.

Re: loading order... In the loading area, before loading the aircraft, ask the experienced jumpers "I am doing my first solo and intend to open at #### ft... Where do I belong in the exit order?" I would be astonished if you got anything other than helpful replies.

For my solos, I worked on the skills I would need for my A-license check jump (to the degree possible without another jumper as point of reference.)

I didn't do a lot of solos. I paid for a lot of coached jumps... and they were worth EVERY penny. Jumping with others is what a novice needs to do if the goal is to develop sufficient skill to jump with others well.

Be sure to ask for a gear check in the loading area before boarding... it will do two things: It will re-assure you, and it will force you and an experienced jumper to talk.

My first solo is when I understood for the first time how beneficial RELAXING was. Since I had no evaluator... I felt less performance pressure in freefall... I was able to relax.

Relax, have fun. :)
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I enjoy a nice, relaxed floater exit for solos. Relaxing can be a great focus for a first solo..... watch the plane fly away and smile.

Try doing some slow 360's and build up your knowledge of the landmarks around your DZ. Look at the ground and your altimeter and start working on getting your eyeballs trained to know your altitude.
Owned by Remi #?

do whatever you want :)
when im by myself i like doing ride the slide exits and back flying a bit.

like was mentioned you can practice some of ur skills needed for ur next license.

dont worry about the gear checks and stuff, do it like you were taught and then ask someone to check ya once ya get er all on. everyone in the skydiving comunity is big on saftey and would be more then happy to give ya a gear check

have fun and remember beeeeeeeer!!!

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10