PeregrineFalcon

Weight Change Affecting Freefall

I don't need any advice on this, I just wanted to post this observation. During the winter, my jumping was limited, and during that time I lost about 30 pounds. When I jumped recently, I noticed that my head was tilting down. I had to MAJORLY arch to correct it and was puzzled by it a bit. It didn't dawn on me until later that a lot of my "natural arch" was gone.

My flying changed drastically when I lost 40 pounds in a couple of months. Most specifically, I had to change the way I flew to fall fast in my camera wings while filming heavy tandems. The weight loss was due to a year of experimental chemotherapy and since recovery, I’ve regained almost 20 pounds. I was able to do 125 jumps while in treatment and I credit much of my ability to survive to skydiving. It helped to keep me pressing on.

My flying changed drastically when I lost 40 pounds in a couple of months. Most specifically, I had to change the way I flew to fall fast in my camera wings while filming heavy tandems. The weight loss was due to a year of experimental chemotherapy and since recovery, I’ve regained almost 20 pounds. I was able to do 125 jumps while in treatment and I credit much of my ability to survive to skydiving. It helped to keep me pressing on.

:o Wow. Glad to hear your OK Eric and hope you stay that way.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I found your 30 lbs! Got an address so I can mail it back?

Congrats on the weight loss, it will only allow you to do more with less effort and be healthier too. I bet your knees will thank you for the less stress every time you climb a flight of stairs as well.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!