el6uapo

DropZone Social Structures

With a clear imbalance of females to males what social structure has your dropzone adopted for after-hours activities?

Here are a few examples to get us started, but please feel free to describe your DZ's unique situation:

Lord of the Flys

Feudal System

Polyandrous

One-Male-Several-Female Group - My personal favorite :$

Mutimale-Multifemale Group

Fission-Fussion

Below is a clicky for descriptions of some of the above.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/behavior/behave_2.htm

Could someone please point me towards one of the "One-Male-Several-Female Group" DZ's....

If we told you on a public forum than the ratio would change before you got here:S

However since we're a skydiving brotherhood just for you. if you send me your SS# DOB and CC# I'll provide you wiith a list.;)

R.i.P.

Could someone please point me towards one of the "One-Male-Several-Female Group" DZ's....

If we told you on a public forum than the ratio would change before you got here:S

However since we're a skydiving brotherhood just for you. if you send me your SS# DOB and CC# I'll provide you wiith a list.;)

R.i.P.

HAHA, that's funny. I thought this post would get a better response. I think the above poster is right about this belonging in Bonfire...oops.

It seems to me that dropzone real estate is an important component of male social display. The better the trailer, closer to the bathrooms, etc. the better your "social" opportunity. I'm a new monkey so I am still too low on the social scale to aquire a nice trailer with heat and air conditioning considering the limited space :P. I do, on the other hand, have a nice heated blanket for the couch. I have advertised this asset but it seems that somebody elses trailer is a much better option for the ladies :(.

Any suggestions for a new monkey?

Very true...

R.i.P.

hmm... sounds like a Nigerian DZ...
--
http://www.SkydiveBlog.com

Fission-Fusion Society

A fission-fusion society is one in which the social group size and composition change throughout the year with different activities and situations. This is the social pattern typical of chimpanzees (and FARM animals) . Individuals enter and leave communities from time to time. Adult males occasionally wander off and forage alone or join a few other males in a hunting party (Going to a Boogie with friends) . Females casually change membership from one group to the other. This occurs especially when females are in estrus and seeking mates (Generally known as Going to an out of state Boogie) . As a result, foraging and sleeping groups reform frequently (You dont loose your mate, You just loose your Turn) . Male chimps are the relatively stable core of the community since they rarely join other troops.(unless the other group happens to be having a Boogie where Females from out of state will be visiting.)

Yep. Belongs in Bonfire.;)

R.i.P.

HAHA, that's funny. I thought this post would get a better response. I think the above poster is right about this belonging in Bonfire...oops.

It seems to me that dropzone real estate is an important component of male social display. The better the trailer, closer to the bathrooms, etc. the better your "social" opportunity. I'm a new monkey so I am still too low on the social scale to aquire a nice trailer with heat and air conditioning considering the limited space :P. I do, on the other hand, have a nice heated blanket for the couch. I have advertised this asset but it seems that somebody elses trailer is a much better option for the ladies :(.

Mr Monkey

I wasn't trying to be funny>:( Trust me I've recieved mass qty's of responses via PM in response to offer of my post:S

However since your a fellow bro jumper i'll give you some free advice. :)

Based on the very high male/female ratio at your DZ. Your low socio economic level and maybe more important your low jump numbers[:/] Your starting out with three strikes against you in the DZ babe lotto.

A sky lady on DZ.com (wing suiter) has a sig line something about "for girls on the DZ the odds are good but the odds of finding a good one are poor"

IMO your looking for love in all the wrong places, Find your lady from outside the skydiving community, someone thats interested in you as a person and not how much bling bling you got, what kind of a car you drive etc.

Warning When you find your lady:) do not take her to the DZ. The dudes that have the trailers and are in between a relationship will be making their moves on your women.:S

It's very entertaining to watch male/female human dynamic's at the DZ as long as your not playing the game. The fire is a good place to set up your lawn chair and watch the show.

Stay around the DZ long enough and you'll need a score card about who's with who at any point in time.

BTW PM me the required info if you still want a copy of my exclusive list of hi female/male ratio dz's. At these DZ's the females own the trailers, will teach you how to skydive, pack your rig and get your cold beer. :|

R.I.P.

MO your looking for love in all the wrong places, Find your lady from outside the skydiving community, someone thats interested in you as a person and not how much bling bling you got, what kind of a car you drive etc.

Yup. Cuz every female skydiver is looking for a guy who has to constantly show off the fact that he has some money. Nothing else matters.

Well, okay, one other thing matters - how fast can he pack for me?

MO your looking for love in all the wrong places, Find your lady from outside the skydiving community, someone thats interested in you as a person and not how much bling bling you got, what kind of a car you drive etc.

Yup. Cuz every female skydiver is looking for a guy who has to constantly show off the fact that he has some money. Nothing else matters.

Well, okay, one other thing matters - how fast can he pack for me?

Baby, this little monkey can pack, umm...cram, stuff, ram and pound a parachute into a D bag so fast and furiously you'll end up smoking a cigarette with your rigger! :o

Yes, live in something other than a trailer.;)

In case you need to ask, a tent is a move on the wrong direction.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Yup! Most of the DZ's I've seen are kind of the "Trailer Trash" variety of social structure. Given the nature of the sport, they also tend to be on the lower end of the Traier Trash spectrum. Also, on a scale of One to Ten, for perspective significant others, it would not quite fall within the given parameters for this scale (less than 1).

As for the Male to Female ratio; It's a great place to skydive but that's why really good DZ's always have a bar nearby??? [:/]

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Yup! Most of the DZ's I've seen are kind of the "Trailer Trash" variety of social structure. Given the nature of the sport, they also tend to be on the lower end of the Traier Trash spectrum. Also, on a scale of One to Ten, for perspective significant others, it would not quite fall within the given parameters for this scale (less than 1).

Hi skyjumpinfool

How are you today:)
I'm confused by your statement above. Could you please explain in very specific terms what your talking about.

Thank you for your time.

R.I.P.

I'm confused by your statement above. Could you please explain in very specific terms what your talking about.

Sorry, it was a feble attempt at sarcasm! I was refering to the reference (above) to "Trailers" and tring to imply that we would appear to be (at least to most woofos) a group of "trailer trash". Not to offend anyone, but hell, look at it from an outsiders point of view?? All in fun, of course!

Sarcasm is a form of ironic speech or writing which is bitter or cutting, being intended to taunt its target. (wikipedia definition)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Sorry, it was a feble attempt at sarcasm! I was refering to the reference (above) to "Trailers" and tring to imply that we would appear to be (at least to most woofos) a group of "trailer trash". Not to offend anyone, but hell, look at it from an outsiders point of view?? All in fun, of course!

Sarcasm is a form of ironic speech or writing which is bitter or cutting, being intended to taunt its target. (wikipedia definition)

Hi skyjumpenfool

Thanks for the clarification.B|
One Jump Wonder

Yes, live in something other than a trailer.;)

In case you need to ask, a tent is a move on the wrong direction.

Damn! I thought my tent was prime! It even has a vent on top so nobody suffocates after a long night of beer drinking and mexican.

Polyandrous Family Group

The smallest New World monkeys, the marmosets and tamarins, form both monogamous and polyandrous family units. They generally start with a monogamous mating pair. (The alpha male)

Later, a second adult male, or a third, a fourth, maybe a fifth or more may join the family and assist in "parachute packing".

When this occurs, both or all or whoever the hell will potentially mate with the adult female. This polyandrous mating pattern is extremely rare among non-human primates but does occur in some human societies in isolated rural regions of India, Sri Lanka, and especially skydiving dropzones...

"Baby, this little monkey can pack, umm...cram, stuff, ram and pound a parachute into a D bag so fast and furiously you'll end up smoking a cigarette with your rigger!"

O.K. you set yourself up for this one: I got from that, that you refer to your parachute as your penis and a D-bag as a duchebag.

You are sure to win over the ladies with that one! :P
And calling yourself "little monkey" probably won't help either :o

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.