Plukk

What?! No Beer?!!

After a few hard landings (1 put me about 2 miles from the landing area in a vineyard :D) and almost having to pull the reserve for the first time with twisted lines and a bag of garbage above my head, I made it through! I can't wait to get out there solo!!! Felt kinda bad cuz everybody at the DZ was really supportive asking how my jumps went each time I came back, and I didnt even bring the beer [:/]

I had to do 5 jumps that day and we didnt finish until everybody was ready to go home and had stuff to do. They already had brews from a previous student so I didnt feel so bad. I'll have to make sure I bring it when I go back for my first solo on STUDENT STATUS ;)

Plukk

Only 9 jumps and you already have a "few" hard landing, with one of them 2 miles from the LZ?

Hopefully you started with one of those little paper leaflet logbooks and all this can be left behind very soon.;)

I think beer for graduation, beer for first off-landing, beer for forgetting beer, . . . shit, might as well wait for the license jump and just get a half-barrel and call it a day.:)
shit, just get a half barrel

" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Only 9 jumps and you already have a "few" hard landing, with one of them 2 miles from the LZ?

Hopefully you started with one of those little paper leaflet logbooks and all this can be left behind very soon.;)

I think beer for graduation, beer for first off-landing, beer for forgetting beer, . . . shit, might as well wait for the license jump and just get a half-barrel and call it a day.:)
shit, just get a half barrel

wow i just started and i already have a booze debt! :D

i landed so far away because we were dropped pretty far upwind of the LZ and i was the last one out of the plane. this was also the same jump i was having issues with the main canopy opening and twisted lines so it didnt fully open until about 3000ft. when i looked down nothing looked familiar so i had to circle once or twice to get my bearings and that just killed altitude. But im through AFF and might as well bring a case the next few times i go out! :D:D

Plukk

being a student it might be kinda hard to determine what a bad spot may be.. When I went through AFF I don't remember even going over spotting. I just trusted the people that went before me. :o worked out pretty well though didn't have an off landing until this past weekend at an unfamiliar DZ.

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

Now that i think about it, we didnt go over spotting. For the most part there was just one person at the door doing all the spotting while everyone else just went along for the ride. i'll have to ask my instructor about that next time i go. I was just excited to be exiting the plane doing flips and stuff :)

i landed so far away because we were dropped pretty far upwind of the LZ and i was the last one out of the plane. this was also the same jump i was having issues with the main canopy opening and twisted lines so it didnt fully open until about 3000ft. when i looked down nothing looked familiar so i had to circle once or twice to get my bearings and that just killed altitude.

There are only two things that count in skydiving:
1- Open a parachute.
2=Then make a safe landing.
Sounds like you did just fine. B|

It's not unusual for a long jumprun to require a go around. Ask at your DZ what the procedures are for this.