Rover

Canada rules

I believe you meant "Canadian Rules" because i would most certainly have to disagree with the statement "Canada rules." :P

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I believe you meant "Canadian Rules" because i would most certainly have to disagree with the statement "Canada rules." :P

Down here theres a problem with kiwi rules and aussie rules :P
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

i would most certainly have to disagree with the statement "Canada rules."

Whoah, whoah, whoah - doesn't it depend on what you're talking about? I mean if you're talking the population of beavers, North American arctic territory, and consumption of Molson and poutine, I think you'd have to say that Canada does, in fact, rule. ;)
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

There no strict rule, however, the PIM states that to fly camera, you should have at least a C licence, which requires a minimum of 200 jumps among other things. This is a technical recommendation, so it's not an absolute rule, but a rather strong suggestion from the CSPA. Per the PIM, you're supposed to get written approval to deviate from the technical recommendations. HOWEVER, to jump as a videographer for tandems will require more than just a C licence or 200 jumps. As far as I'm aware, there's no CSPA rule regarding what is required to fly video for a tandem, but expect to have a reasonable number of camera jumps, be able to demonstrate a certain level of competence and quality as a videographer and beyond that, talk to the DZO and/or tandem masters at the dropzone where you hope to work and see what will require from you.

Actually the CSPA got more liberal in recent years:

At some point they changed the requirement to only a B certificate, which needs only 50 jumps.

But that's only a minimum -- they say the jumper should be competent in the freefall discipline they are practicing, and should seek advice from competent videographers. An audible altimeter must be used and an AAD "should" be used (which is not mandatory).

While I'm personally all in favour of avoiding hard rules like 200 jumps, I wouldn't mind it if they suggested 200 were still advisable in typical cases.

Just to note, CSPA doesn't regulate jumping camera with tandems, the tandem manufacturer regulates that. CSPA regulates up-jumper videography.

Common manufaturer regulations are 500 jumps, with atleast 100 camera jumps.