laughn_gas

JONES'n

OK. So I find out two weeks before the opening of the season that I need surgery on my hip. I tell the doctor that it'll have to wait until the end of the season before I actually let him cut on me. I did'nt want to miss out on the fun. After his examination I could barely walk for a week because the cartilage was so torn up. I started thinking about the rest of the skydiving commuinty, and that I would be a safety hazard to others. I decided to have the work done. I will not get to skydive this season. (maybe at the end of the season) I'M happy with my decision not because I feel better, but it's because I thought of the "SAFETY" thing. That to me has been the #1 priority in skydiving for me. I wanted to be the FIRST( beer to everyone) career skydiver without a cutaway. (I had a cutaway last season. I already blew it:D ) Anyway, since the surgery I have not talked, read, watched, or thought of skydiving. I have not even looked at my rig in the closet. It would be to hard for me to deal with. Now that I feeling better I'm starting to JONES. I don't want to rush anything. But I am getting ants in my f'n pants. I'm also starting to feel bad for not keeping up with things. I should be reading the SIM and keeping current on sport activities. It's just hard!!!! Anyone have any advice out there for me on what I COULD be doing to be active in the sport during this layoff. Besides reading the SIM?
See ya in a minute. Peace out!