BLKandGLD

1rst reserve ride

Major line twist,could not kick out. Alt read 1500 and my 1rst thought was do I really want to use my last line of defense. My second one was procratination kills. all split second thoughts. I CALMY pulled which is weird because I imagined my mind set on my 1rst one to be chaotic. Felt like i fell for ages but guys on the ground said it took about 100' for full inflation.

As I was on my base leg I quietly said my good byes to my main because the DZ is surrounded by tress. It was like losing my first fish. By chance it landed in a small field and was recovered.

Called the rigger who packed it, thanked him (skydiveky) bought 2 24 packs and 1 18 pack for the DZ......

Hi B & G,

everything except for the freebag.

Make that freebag, pilot chute and pilot chute cap.

The good news is everything worked and you're OK.

The bad news is that those three parts are listed in the latest Para-Gear catalog as totalling $235.00.

You might want to start looking. :P

JerryBaumchen

Congratulations!

Weird, isn't it, I just had my first reserve ride too, and, even if I know that from the moment I'd decided to chop it happened really fast, I just felt calm through the whole thing, took my time to look for the handles, peel them off the velcro and pull. No stress, just did it.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Answer to a PM

I pulled at 3500 and my triathlon takes awhile to open. I know about decision at 2500 and pull at 2000. I was going to ride it in but it was getting pretty bad. I felt like I can risk a lower reserve ride than a main that had the potential of picking up speed and drilling to my death. I did learn something and started to pull at 4000 to give me more time.

Major line twist,could not kick out. Alt read 1500 and my 1rst thought was do I really want to use my last line of defense. My second one was procratination kills. all split second thoughts. I CALMY pulled which is weird because I imagined my mind set on my 1rst one to be chaotic. Felt like i fell for ages but guys on the ground said it took about 100' for full inflation.

As I was on my base leg I quietly said my good byes to my main because the DZ is surrounded by tress. It was like losing my first fish. By chance it landed in a small field and was recovered.

Called the rigger who packed it, thanked him (skydiveky) bought 2 24 packs and 1 18 pack for the DZ......

It would be your "last line of defense" for only a short while longer. After that it's just extra mass contributing to "F" as in "= ma". :P

At the # of jumps you have, 1500 ft doesn't sound like the hard deck you should have....suprised no one commented on that...might want to rethink that number and raise it up a few hundred, for next time.
Altitude awareness does NOT STOP after pull time....