Steveanders86

Going to finish the AFF program this weekend!

I started on july, 12th, i did my A, B, and C jumps that day! LOVED it. went back last sunday the 19th and took both my D Jumps and passed those, and now im excited/nervous for my E jumps this weekend. im excited to jump all on my own (yet still have the instructor there JUST IN CASE) but also nervous that im going to flub up! I have had a couple of bad exits from the plane. i tend to want to do more of a side dive out of the plane instead of just jump and stand and watch the plane.

Something i need to work on. But i have to say, from the first time i took my tandem jump, i knew this was for me and that I will be doing this the rest of my life!

just thought i would share!

Congrat on your jumps! The exits can be hard to learn. I had some problems with my exits cause i was so tense. Once i started breathing (before exit) it made me relax and exit went alot better. Enjoy. Oh and that 1st jump all by yourself is something else!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Thats really good to know! I really do need to relax more on the exit. thats the only time throughout the whole jump that I tense up. I think its because I get nervous that im going to slip out of the plane while im chillin outside of it waiting to give the count. haha.
I'll have to keep in mind to breathe more when im about to exit.

counting down to the day for my "E" jumps. Only trouble is, Wheather is supposed to be bad all week throughout the weekend! :(

Most instuctors will tell you to relax. When they tell you that think about breathing! Start slow (in and out) breaths by atleast 11K. That was one of my biggest probrlems.

Btw Im not an instuctor! Listen to them;)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I will most definatly keep that in mind. i've made myself a little set of notes to study/read at work to keep the things i need to work on in my mind all week, and i'll add that to the list!

EDIT: i have 4 categories on my list, EXIT: Tracking: Turns: Canopy/Landing: All of which say RELAX :)

Hey Steveanders86,
I really enjoyed reading your thread. The way that you got qualified in only 3 days is amazing! I have only done two tandem jumps and i'm looking forward to starting my AFF1 jump here soon. I think it's awesome that you didn't have to re-do anything and you qualified. Jumping for $20 to $25 is sweet!
Some of the greatest accomplishments were done by people too stupid to know they were impossible.

Thank you! I jumped my first solo (fun) jump yesterday and it was so much fun! Not having anyone rating you, and not HAVING to do anything... so i just jumped out, got stable, did a couple back flips, practiced my turns then at 7-8K i just tracked til 4500 and pulled at 4K! did some fun canopy work, came in for a soft landing right on target! i would say a successful first solo jump. BUT... i did have a bad exit, but i'm not quite sure it was something i could have prevented. The plane was PACKED! and when getting in the plane, someone elses instructor got in next to the door (PAC 750XL) and i was to be the first one out... so at 11K we had t play musical chairs and i was in a really odd position at the door with very little room to get a good leap. so out of the door, i tumbled around a lot... but i was able to maintain control within a few seconds.

On a side note, this was the first time i got to open to door.... CHILLS!!! :)