baum

Newb and insurance question

Man I love this sport wish i would have done it many years ago.

I just made my 2nd tandom jum over the weekend. I am going to look into aff next spring. I will only be a sport jumper. Right now i dont see myself going every day (just every other.. :) i would say maybe a few times a weekend) anyways i was wondering what people do for life insurance? who will cover a sport like this, what do i need to look for in a policy?

the old bag at home want money if i go!

Thanks

I work for the government and FEGLI (Federal Employee Group Life Insurance) covers general aviation of which skydiving is a part. I would think that is what you would have to do, find a company that will provide a policy for general aviation, most don't. >:(

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

This topic has been covered a number of times, so a search might show you some more information.

I triple checked that my company provided health insurance covered "adventure/high-risk" sports. I am in the process of buying a life insurance policy that specifically covers skydiving. The premium is usually increased by approx. $2.50 per $1000 of coverage from companies that will take on the risk. Many of the larger life insurance companies do.

Get the policy now before you start skydiving. At the time of the application, if they ask if you participate in skydiving, the answer is "No" so you're not lying on the application. I used to sell life insurance to military and if they weren't on jump status then there was no rate up even if they were on orders to go to a jump assignment. Just make sure there are no exclusionary clauses in the policy before purchasing it in the event you decide to start skydiving. It'll vary from company to company so research it.

Also, get a whole life policy that'll put you in control of the policy. Term policies expire and if you have to renew after you start skydiving, there will be a rate up if you reveal that you started skydiving.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

Hey Baum,

And to anyone else out there that may be interested: I have been searching for "life insurance for accidental death/skydiving" for several years, and recently found a policy. No special physical-exam required; POD (payment on death) to family is $300k, for credit card charge approximately $35.00/month. No scam.

Please contact me: [email protected] and I will give you agent name/number. Selfishly, I am trying to bring the agent clients one-by-one, because I just found out I have cancer, and I am hoping if I bring this guy some additional business, he won't drop my policy. Cancer or not, I don't wanna stop jumping, and I do want my family covered "just in case."

I am not an agent: I don't get paid under the table; as soon as I'm off chemo, man, I'm back at it!

Blue skies!

KP
"You can't overcome weakness by fighting it,
or by thinking your way out of it:
Evolution doesn't work that way . . .
You overcome weakness by leaving it behind you!" ~ Stuart Wilde ~

I liked your Helllloooo, or however long it really is; longest one I ever saw!

Yes, they are not stupid, and neither am I: I am covered two ways - - I have $500k coverage if I "go to the great beyond" from cancer; and, I have the $300k coverage "if I burn one into the ground at 120 mph."

I work in healthcare (30 years) and I researched it (the policy) with some docs and attorney friends. Conclusion: if skydiving accident produces death, and autopsy reveals demise from traumatic injury, doesn't matter if I have cancer, vitamin deficiency, or Ebola, they pay my family. However, this little story is only "about me;" I am excited that I have found an accidental death policy for my colleagues in skydiving "so, this is for them." Thanks.
"You can't overcome weakness by fighting it,
or by thinking your way out of it:
Evolution doesn't work that way . . .
You overcome weakness by leaving it behind you!" ~ Stuart Wilde ~